Thread: Can I use laptop screen and mouse to work for desktop?

Can I use laptop screen and mouse to work for desktop?

I have an old Dell M70 with me and this had a graphics card problem. As a result I got a new laptop called as the Dell XPS M1530 to replace it. So after that however recently I was wondering about the possibility of using the WUXGA (1900x1200) screen of the Dell M70 on a DVI Connection and I have hence wanted to know of such thing is actually possible or not.Please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: Can I use laptop screen and mouse to work for desktop?

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that I am aware of a few issues surrounding this and that is the main cause of worry for you.Some of then to point out are that actually powering the screen which is a major concern and that is something that you need to be very aware about. Also I would tell you that I cannot first the step which would be the converter or adapter available. So first of all you need to get that and then you can proceed further.

I feel that there are some tips on the net about converting notebook LCD into usable external display. And this is something that I am very sure about and you have to be very careful while doing so. Also I would say that I have actually seen the information over there and would say that this information is really very useful.So I am quite sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing. Also if you are having any kind of problems then do get back to me as soon as possible.

I feel that there have been many such things in the past and would say that you need to use the conversion kit that would run into few amount that you need to spend and this makes in many cases making it not worth the investment. So this is something that you need to be very sure about and then I am sure that there wont be any problems at all. Also I would say that you need to be sure that you need to make some money after selling the notebook .

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that this is something that I was looking forward to. I would also say that this is something that I hope will work for me once I use them then there wont be any problems at all. Also while using the solutions if I come across some problems then I will definitely get back to you.Also I would say that of there is any kind of other solutions to this then do get back to me.