Thread: Alienware M5500i-r3 shuts off and continuously restarts

Alienware M5500i-r3 shuts off and continuously restarts

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you present there. I hope that things are going well. Basically, few days back, I purchased the Alienware m5500i-r3 Intel Duo core 1.66, 1 giga byte random access memory 80 GB Hard drive, Nvidia go7600 from a acquaintance as he suggested me that all what is required is a new video card. As a result I bought the Geforce 8600 GT. It did not give me any hassles for some days, however lately, I am fed up with the worry. The laptop shuts off and continuously restarts. Guys please help.

Re: Alienware M5500i-r3 shuts off and continuously restarts

Hey buddy. I am fine. Can enlighten you on something related to the above query. According to my knowledge, along with the GeForce 8600 GT video card you will be requiring Bios v2.06. Several supplementary adaptations wouldn’t work in the approved manner. Thus, in the process, you will have to keep the computer on long enough in order to update the bios. I am mostly sure about this thing, however, verifying it with someone else would be better.

Hey dude, I have a solution to the above question that you have put up . Basically, I would recommend you that you should give a try to the installation disk and have a watch whether you are able to see any variations. In any case, you have tried it, then reply me and let me know whether it loaded from the installation disk and then looped itself in restarting? And when it again started, did it go to loading up the disk again? Do reply me back

Buddy, firstly, thank you so much for taking time out and replying for me , nevertheless, I would like to tell you that I have tried what you recommended. You made a right guess. I had been to press any key in order to boot from the compact disk and then it again starts to a black screen and thus in the process it keeps looping it. I have clearly, explained you the whole scenario. Any further help from your end will prove to be very fruitful for me.

Hey dude, it is really nice from your side that you are very much keen to resolve the issue. I am saying this as you replied so early to my post. Good that you are updated. Well, after seeing your reply, I will advise you that you should try and update your Basic Input Output System. Also, re-seat the graphic card and just have a look on what is happening. I think it may be the because of bad memory or in that case power supply. Give a try to swapping out the random access memory modules and also the memory stick.

Hello people. Really have to say a very nice discussion going on in order to resolve the issue. Well, even I would like to put forth my views related to the above. I have passed through similar kind of thing before and hence, I have the knowledge of it. As per my feeling, buddy, you should try and put the old graphics card back and just see what is happening. In case it shuts down but does not perform continuous reboot that it has to be a motherboard problem. I hope you like my post.