Thread: Apple iphone not charging

Apple iphone not charging

hi,

i am facing a weird issue with my apple iphone. yesterday i power off my iPhone and wanted to charge the iPhone . When I came back a couple of hours later, I noticed that the phone was not charging! I dont think my phone is charging with the wall charger. The battery indicator does not change to the lightning icon. It works when I plug it into a computer though. I plugged my phone in to the dock and I noticed it wasn't charging.

please help me

Re: Apple iphone not charging

if your iphone is not charging then you can try this

• Switch the mute switch 4 times (up, down, up down)
    • Now press home and power for 6-10 seconds

And see your iPhone come back from a perma sleep. It worked for me, do not through your iPhone away when this happens to you!

iPhone and iPod touch have an internal rechargeable battery. To charge the battery, choose one of the options below:
    • Connect iPhone or iPod touch to a power outlet using the included cable and a USB power adapter to charge the battery.

Note: iPhone 3G and iPod touch (2nd generation) do not support FireWire and will not charge from any FireWire-based power source. If you connect either of these devices to a FireWire-based charger or accessory, you will receive the alert screen. Connect the device to your computer (not your keyboard) using the included cable to charge the battery and sync. Your computer must be turned on and not in sleep or standby mode. If the device is connected to a computer that's not turned on or is in sleep or standby mode, the battery may drain.

What you can do soft reset on your apple iphone, before you plug in the iphone, as instructed on the apple website. also see here for more help on how to recharge iphone http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/...oting/itunes/#

help my iPhone was reset and now all i get is the apple set nothing else....i have had it plugged in for days and nothing has changed. When i plug it into the computer......the computer has no idea that an iPhone is plugged in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_Larune View Post
    help my iPhone was reset and now all i get is the apple set nothing else....i have had it plugged in for days and nothing has changed. When i plug it into the computer......the computer has no idea that an iPhone is plugged in at all.
    You can try to put your iPhone into DFU mode by using the following steps:
    1. First of all try to plug your phone into iTunes (ignore the message that pops up)
    2. After that, power the phone OFF
    3. Next, hold power and home for EXACTLY 10 seconds
    4. After that release power (continue to hold home)
    5. Now, iTunes will recognize iphone in restore mode (you can let go of home now)
    6. Lastly Hold shift and click Restore
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The computer does not respond with a plug the i phone in to it. I have no problems with my computer and i have itone on it also

The computer does not respond with a plug the i phone in to it. I have no problems with my computer and i have itone on it also

Just go into the services and establish Apple Mobile Device. It showed as started, and situates it to automatic. After that restarted the service, and the iPhone showed up in iTunes within seconds. I wish this will help you out.

ok when i hold in bother buttons to cause a hard reboot it never passes the apple logo....the only other thing the screen is the dead battery sign ....however it has been plugged into the wall and the computer for the passed week.....i have tried other cable and computer's.

ok when i hold in bother buttons to cause a hard reboot it never passes the apple logo....the only other thing the screen is the dead battery sign ....however it has been plugged into the wall and the computer for the passed week.....i have tried other cable and computer's.

So just try to debug the phone. To get into debug/diagnostics form; reboot the iPhone (hold on/off, menu + select) and earlier than the apple logo emerges, push select and LEFT, your iPod should now start debug mode. This will surly solve your problem.