Thread: Changing Notebook Chassis

Changing Notebook Chassis

I have a notebook somewhat old, but I have been fond of it (the notebook in question is a HP Compaq 6720s), so I like to spice it up a bit on the outside. I would like to change the chassis / housing. I found nothing on the internet, until I finally found a company that can create for myself. The problem is; of course, require a CAD drawing of the parts to be manufactured. That’s not a problem for me. I was hoping to find the exact dimensions of the box somewhere on HP's website, but was unsuccessful. Without them, I would have to take a ruler and start measuring my casing. This will lead to a certain total fail! Can you suggest anything?

Re: Changing Notebook Chassis

Here I have few notes or information for you. Did you ever obtain anywhere on this? I have an EON18 and am attempting to exchange the keyboard with may be the M17x back lit keyboard or a custom back lit keyboard and it would be immense to know of a company that could fab up a new plate which goes around the keyboard. And here I just add more is: System Management BIOS, before known as DMI BIOS, is utilized to store system management information.

As per the HP recovery information every unit is transported with HP Backup and Recovery Manager. HP Backup and Recovery Manager can offer data and system file defense for HP business PCs to facilitate fast recovery if the system becomes tainted or if important information is by mistake deleted. HP Backup and Recovery Manager can execute planned or manual backups of the whole drive or individual files and folders.

If you really want to do this, CAD tools are running on all laptop and create an accurate 3D image. That said, just bought a new laptop, no matter how you go about it, it will cost much more than replacing it. Even if you have access to these computers in a school, will cost a lot just to make the shell itself. Worse, what if you change something insignificant, and pay for all ground suddenly discovers that something that should not be blocked or that it considers unnecessary hole and destroy the laptop.

Here also add somet5hing regarding this laptops. I have an HP Omnibook XE3 has traveled. So well moved in fact, there are cracks developing in every corner of the chassis. I guess since it is subjected to wear while carrying on your laptop bag. I know that regular replace repair of internal elements, but I've never heard of the replacement of the chassis. Does anyone know if this service is provided? And if so, whether it is worth?

I have not seen any of the manufacturers who make information available. Support for a wide range of insurance options, integrated wireless LAN that supports the latest industry standards. Integrated Bluetooth is as well obtainable (factory configurable only) and can be combined with any compatible wireless LAN options. If you want to build a new case of it, you will probably have to break the rule.