Thread: Toshiba L500-S5990 unable to detect hard drive

Toshiba L500-S5990 unable to detect hard drive

I am using the windows 7 on mine Toshiba L500-S5990 laptop. Everything on the system works fine without any issue. Last night I have fit 500GB hard drive on mine system but when I tried to work on this hard drive I am not do that because mine hard drive was not detected. I have tried several times to solve this issue but I didn’t have the any suggestion on that. Now I don’t what to can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me on this issue and thanks in advance.

Re: Toshiba L500-S5990 unable to detect hard drive

I think the hard drive is not detected by the system, since the hard disk drive is properly connected to the system motherboard. Therefore, connect properly. If you have tried to connect the hard disk many times then I think the hard drive IDE cable is damaged because the system does not detect the hard drive attached to the system. As the result is not able to detect the hard drive on the system. You must change the hard drive IDE cable.

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I think you have some issue on your connection. I would like to suggest you to check your connection of the hard drive and system and after that go through your issue. I would also like to suggest you to ports of the connection and if your ports are working good then I would like to suggest you to clean your ports and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. to do this go through the following steps:
    • Disconnect the laptop from the AC adapter and power supply. Turn off the laptop and remove the battery.
    • Ensure that no external peripherals connected to your laptop. If found, then simply disconnect your laptop. Includes printer, scanner, USB drive, Wi-Fi, etc.
    • now press the power button and hold for 30 seconds or more. This process is necessary to remove the entire battery charge stored in capacitors.
    • Now rearrange your laptop parts and reinsert the battery and connect the laptop to the AC adapter and power supply. Do not connect any peripheral device now.
    • Restart your laptop. All factory settings will be the restoration.

If the connection of things and the IDE cable are typical, then this may be the problem of BIOS settings. The boot device configuration has changed from the hard drive to something else. Change the boot device priority in BIOS setup. You can go into the BIOS settings by pressing the F4 key after pressing the power button on the system. Now here you can choose your hard disk as first boot. Now once you finish this save the setting and after that go through your issue.