Thread: Will dead battery lead to loss of saved password

Will dead battery lead to loss of saved password

Hi guys, I have Toshiba Satellite laptop, which is running windows 7 Operating system in it. Recently the battery of my laptop started malfunctioning leading to completely dead battery of my Toshiba laptop. I have got this particular doubt. I wanted to know whether my memory savings like the passwords (Bios or other mails) will be lost if I don’t insert ant battery in my Toshiba battery for almost a week? Please feel free to reply and clear my doubts. Thank you in advance.

Re: Will dead battery lead to loss of saved password

Only the data stored in the Physical memory i.e. the RAM is lost whenever the system is turned off. So turning off your laptop is way similar to the condition in which you are running your laptop only on battery power and your battery drained off and went dead. So in the dead battery case also, only the data stored in the Physical memory, RAM, will be lost by the system and all the other saved files and data will remain intact and will be stored in your laptop’s memory like the hard disk.

I would like to make it clear to you that all the saved passwords of your e-mail ids or any other application is stored on the hard drives. All the word files and other data’s are stored in your hard drive and when you run or load those applications, only then they are uploaded into the memory. Like for example, you are working on some word file and you are updating it, and at the same time the power goes off. In this case only those data will be lost which were not saved. You won’t be losing the Word application. So in short you won’t be losing any of your stored data unless you yourself intend to delet them or your hard drive crashes or gets formatted.

Talking about the saved password, then I would say you that all the internet passwords are stored in your internet cache files and thus they can be deleted only when you delete your Internet cache or delete the browser history. You can find a button delete passwords, under the internet explorer tools which will help you delete those saved passwords. This shows that all the saved passwords will be deleted only when you order Windows to do so.

There is a possibility of you losing your BIOS settings which you had saved, if your battery drains off completely (in this case it is already dead) and along with it the backup battery of your laptop also gets empty. If both the primary battery and your backup battery power get over, then there is a possibility of you losing all your saved BIOS settings. So you should make sure that the back-up battery has enough charge in it. And if you haven’t done any BIOS setting then you won’t be losing anything.

Hey all you people thank you for explaining me so nicely about the issue. I was simply freaking out. I never had so much knowledge about this thing. I feel lucky to have you peoples to help me. Must say you guys are just outstanding and super amazing. I just can’t find a proper way to thank you. So as you have said that my data won’t be lost, I can freely, without much tension can give the battery of my laptop for replacement, which will, luckily won’t take much time. Anyways once again thank you a lot.