Thread: cursor moves even when i dont use toucpad

cursor moves even when i dont use toucpad

Hello friends I am having a laptop running on windows 7 operating system. it is only a few month old but I am having some problem with the mouse cursor. The mouse cursor keeps on moving all over the screen even when I take away my finger from the touchpad. It is very difficult for me to click on folder or a file to open as the cursor is out of my control. When I click the right button, cursor stops moving but after that again the same problem appears. Does anyone have any idea, why the cursor is behaving in such manner. Please help me with some suggestions.

Re: cursor moves even when i dont use toucpad

Does your laptop freezes frequently. This problem often occurs when the laptop hangs or freezes in the middle of the program. Reboot your system by hitting Alt + Tab key from the keyboard. After reboot, observe if the cursor is normal or continues to move all over the screen. If the problem still persists, then there must be some problem with the touchpad. Do you have an external mouse. Connect the external mouse to the laptop and then continue with your work. Does connecting external mouse fix the issue. If yes, then I am sure that the touch pad is not functioning properly.

It is possible that the mouse setting might have changed and not configured correctly. You are required to check the mouse setting in the control panel. You can use the Tab key and Arrow keys to browse it. Go to the Start menu and then select Control panel. In the Control panel window choose mouse icon and click to open it. Now go to the Pointer Option tab and see if the checkbox by the "Enhance Pointer Precision" is marked or not. If the check box is marked then just uncheck it and then click Apply and the OK button. Now return to the desktop window. I think this will help you.

I think your system is affected by some kind of virus, worms or some malicious program that is making the mouse cursor move abnormally and it is necessary to eliminate it. Scan all the drives of your computer with the help of antivirus software and delete if found any. After cleaning the virus reboot the system. I was also facing the same problem in my computer and after virus scan I was able to fix the problem. I hope it helps you. If the touchpad is not functioning properly then connect the external mouse and continue with the work.

After trying all this, still if the problem persists then you need to update the drivers. Get the latest update for the drivers and this will solve your problem. If it does not work then possibly the touchpad might have lost its sensitivity and damaged. Sometimes thin layer of dust gets accumulates inside the touchpad, due to which the cursor moves randomly. Though your laptop is only few months old, take it to the service center and they will wipe out the dust. If there is any other issue then they may replace the touchpad at no cost.