Thread: Camera not working on Toshiba Satellite A215-S7444

Camera not working on Toshiba Satellite A215-S7444

The webcam of my Toshiba Satellite A215-S7444 laptop have suddenly stopped working. I am running Windows Vista in my laptop. I am unable to find out the reason behind this unusual behavior of my laptop’s webcam. Does anyone have any idea what must be the reason behind this and how can I solve the problem? Please feel free to reply to my thread. I will be very thankful for your kindness to help me get rid of this particular problem with the webcam of my laptop. Thank you in advance.

Re: Camera not working on Toshiba Satellite A215-S7444

I feel that there must be driver issue with your laptop. So I would suggest you to reinstall all the drivers of your Toshiba Satellite A215-S7444 laptop. Make sure that you install the Webcam driver and the related Utilities when you are installing all the drivers of your laptop. Also update the BIOS and all the drivers. You can install the drivers in your laptop by using the original Toshiba Drivers CD that came along with the laptop, when you purchase your laptop. Make sure that you restart your laptop everytime it asks for it.

As the camera of your laptop is the integrated one, I feel that the problem can be solved by performing Hard Reset in your Toshiba’s laptop. Hard Reset helps in completely clearing the settings and installed drivers and install all the manufacturer settings in your laptop.
    • Make sure that your laptop is not connected to the AC adapter or the power source. Completely switch off your laptop and remove the laptop’s battery by removing the back case.
    • Disconnect all the external hardware peripherals like the printer, USB mouse, USB keyboard etc from your laptop.
    • Press and keep holding the power button for few seconds to discharge all the power of the battery which is stored in the capacitors.
    • Re-insert the battery in your laptop and reconnect your laptop to the AC adapter or the power supply. No need to connect the peripheral devices now.
    • Now, Reboot the laptop to install all the manufacturer’s setting again in your laptop.

I would recommend you to the latest available driver for your webcam (which is Camera Utility for Windows Vista) from the official website of Toshiba Support and install it in your system. Click on Toshiba Satellite A215-S7444 laptop and download all the drivers which you want to install in your laptop. Don’t forget to select the Operating system while you are searching for drivers or utilities or else it might happen that you will end up installing drivers for some other Windows Operating System.

There is a way by which you can confirm whether there are some hardware/BIOS malfunctioning or not. You need to restore the hard disk to its original our-of-box contents. You can do this by using the Toshiba Recovery Media. If you have got the Toshiba Recovery media then use it or else you can order the same from Toshiba Support You can restore the hard disk to its original contents by doing the steps given in Page 64 of the following USER GUIDE Go to the section Hard Disk Drive Recovery using the Recovery media, and follow the steps given there.

There can be a possibility that your camera must have got damaged and that is why it has started malfunctioning all of a sudden. So for this hardware issue I would recommend you to send your laptop to the computer store where you can get your laptop fixed. If you are unable to find any computer store then I would suggest you to look into the Toshiba Service Center link. Fill up all the options and you will be getting total information about all the Toshiba Service Centers in your country. Select the one which seems to be appropriate to you and submit your laptop for a fix there.