Thread: webcam is not working in Toshiba a210

webcam is not working in Toshiba a210

I am using Toshiba a210 satellite laptop and its almost 3 years old and I have used its webcam very rarely. But nowadays internet getting very common and people are used to start getting touched with each other through internet that is why I also want to use my webcam. But when I tried to start my webcam it is showing me error and I am not able to start the webcam. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Please reply me with proper solution to solve this problem.

Re: webcam is not working in Toshiba a210

I have referred your issue and after analyzing your problem I want to know one thing first that have you done any upgrades with your operating system? If yes then please let me know which upgrade you have done? And also tell me have ever use your laptop web cam? Because if you have not tried yet then I think it is disabled by your system by default. I think you should check those entire thing first please give me reply according to that. After that I will help you with some solution

I have used my web cam only one or two times as I have said you in first post. And I have upgraded my operating system from windows XP to windows vista before 3 or 4 months. After reading your post I have tried to enable my webcam manually but I don’t know how to do it. Please tell me where I can find the option of enable the webcam? Please reply me with proper steps. It will be very helpful for me. is there anything wrong with my operating system compatibility?

First open the my computer and then right click on open space there and select the properties.
    • After that you will find one box in that select the device manager.
    • In device manager you will find the option for webcam just select it and right click on it.
    • Now you will find the option for enable it. Now click on enable and it’s done.

I hope this information will be helpful to you. Please let me know whether it worked for you or not?

After watching you post I followed all the steps and tried to enable the webcam. But when I right click on the webcam option in device manager there it is showing that webcam is already enabled. After that I restart my laptop but still my webcam is not working. Now I am not able to understand that what is wrong with my laptop and my webcam. Please if anyone who have solved this problem then please help me too. I am waiting for your next post.

If that trick is not working and you are still finding the error then I think there is something wrong with your webcam drive. Just do one thing uninstall the webcam driver from device manager and then restart your laptop after that once you restart your laptop install your webcam again in your laptop. After that you will not face any problem with your webcam. And you will be able to use your webcam very easily. So just try this and tell me it worked or not?

Hi friends I was having the same problem and I can give you one solution to solve this problem. For that you have to insert the windows vista cd or dvd in your laptop and after that restart the laptop and after that select the repair vista option. Once repair of the vista is done then you will be able to use all your disable things. I have also done the same thing and It solved me all the problem. And that is why I am telling to try this solution. I hope it will be helpful for you.

I have tried you solution and tried to repair my operating system. But after that also I was facing the same issue and that is why I have inserted my bootable disk again in my system and after that I installed fresh copy of windows vista. Then I installed all the drivers and now all the things are working perfectly. I am also able to use my web cam without having any issues. Thank you for all the useful reply given by you.