Thread: Blackberry 9850 vs. 9930 or Bold Touch vs. Touch

Blackberry 9850 vs. 9930 or Bold Touch vs. Touch

I am looking for your thoughts. I use my phone for work email and personal (movies and travel applications, etc.) used. About 50/50. I've never had a touch tone phone and generally not happy with the Blackberry-style phone (other than a short visit to a droid Pro). The Touchscreen phone only looks good and seems to be great for movies during the flight, etc, and ease of use, but I wonder about using the onscreen keyboard. I never liked the type safe, but I see that you can touch the side and get a fill QWERTY keyboard. Anyone who has used a touch screen keyboard only after a default has any ideas or advice you would care to share?

Re: Blackberry 9850 vs. 9930 or Bold Touch vs. Touch

Here I must add something in this case. As I have few idea on this. I would say while they became visible go in and experiment it out in store first. RIM is saying that the virtual keyboard is going to be superior. I have not at all had an all touch device moreover and have utilizing keyboard phones back to the Treo 600, but if the virtual keyboard on the novel all touch blackberry is immense then I plan to swap over to no keyboard.

The keyboard on the screen of the Storm 2 worked fine. With Sure Type enabled on the portrait, which was able to write very fast, probably more than a physical keyboard. It takes a little getting used to - and is a kind of taste and preference thing - but should not deter the touch. You'll get the hang of it quickly! I think you can switch to a compact QWERTY keyboard that I used on my Touch Diamond and I was actually decently fast

Yes, I have the same story began with the Treo and the keys have always worked hard for me. But the large screen seems to be immense for the whole thing else. I have access to a storm of two and play with it quite, but I had read the same about a new keyboard. I have searched and have not found any details about it. Perhaps more information will be out soon. I have a playbook entry and use for e-mail that can answer my question. If you do not like in the playbook I doubt you will like on a phone.

I am not certain regarding the Storm 2, but the unique storm allows for a portrait or QWERTY or SureType. I for myself had to SureType and I actually liked (it was actually a big fan of the Pearl, and was a little upset that Verizon Wireless did not return Perla 3G). I'm pretty sure that if the Storm 2 had that option, so will the Touch. If there is any way that you can utilize the keyboard to enter in the playbook with him, then I'm surly getting the touch Bold, but once more I'd love a bigger screen. I am a little concerned regarding the lesser screen on the bold touches though. Looks approximately tiny to take pleasure in, but would try one first.

I went from a curve at a Storm2 and it took me a while to get utilized to a v-keyboard. The S2 has the auto-complete words that wedge while it comes to type something completely different. I have out there, but when I write, at a standstill suggests words and then pressing enter or space bar fixing whatever wrote well if you wanted to or not. That's my only gripe with the S2. I seemed like I had Tourette's syndrome for a pair of weeks until you drop a v-keyboard, but I can fly when I write. Give it a shot. I will never return to a physical keyboard Blackberry once more.