Thread: Are Google Maps available on Bold Touch

Are Google Maps available on Bold Touch

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you who read this post. Well, I was just thinking if Google Maps will run like they do on Android devices along with 3D view and. I was previously using Motorola Atrix and really enjoyed the Google maps on it with Google Navigation. I really wish that Blackberry comes up with such a feature and I feel it will be awesome to have it. Currently ,Blackberry is bringing up enhanced processors getting better apps would be really great. What do you think friends. Do comment.

Re: Are Google Maps available on Bold Touch

Hi buddy. I owe a BlackBerry bold 9700 and I wish to make use of Google maps along with GPS in order to to find my direction. I have loaded Google maps 3.2.1 on my mobile nevertheless I am not able to find how to make use of GPS on Google maps. I did have that alternative on HTC mobile phone which I was using it previously. Guys any help then please suggest so that I will be able to make use of google maps with the help of GPS so that I can find my ways. Thanks in advance.

Man, I am good and hoping the same at your end. I would like to comment something related to the thread that you have posted. I feel that Google maps until the end of time will have all the bells and whistles on a droid, if u try to make use of Google stuff on an apple or blackberry you will be able to receive only some of the features. It is a marketing way. I feel that BBM is never going to be available on apple I phone or in that case droid. Thank You.

Hey buddy, I would like to tell you that as long as the GPS is turned on then things will work without human intervention, also being that you are in a clear sky area. So I would like to verify it from your side whether it is turned on or not. If not, then I will explain you how you can do it. You just will be required turn on Options and then move to advanced Options , followed by GPS location and just make the option as On. I am hoping you will check and then follow in an appropriate manner.

People, just went through the thread and just thought to share my experience with you. I would like to post here that I have Google maps on my BlackBerry Bold and haven’t had any issues until now. In fact, to be honest, It works enormously well indoors. Whenever I facilitate latitude it displays my location as I travel around. However, I do not keep latitude turned on everytime time since it appears that it uses more battery power than standard usage. I recently travelled united states without having any worries.

Hey friends I would like to bring to your notice that you can tell your GPS is working fine or not by pushing the BlackBerry Menu button and then select refresh GPS. By doing that accessible satellites will be scanned and within a matter of hardly any seconds you will be able to notice the Lattitude and Longitude numbers modification to your present place. If it works then just go back to Google mobile maps and open it up, push the 0 and you will be able to get maps position update with the help of GPS which will display location with 3 or 10 meters.