Thread: WD external Desktop vs Seagate Hard drive.

WD external Desktop vs Seagate Hard drive.

Hello guys I am having Windows XP SP3 on my Computer which have USB 2.0 ports. And I have Norton Ghost v15. Well guys every week I have to take back up of all the work that I have done in a week, and that’s in every weekend. So I am planning to buy a desktop external hard drive rather than a portable one. I need it of around 500GB and I have got confused between the Seagate and the Western Digital external desktop hard drive, for that I need your suggestion, which should I buy please help.

Re: WD external Desktop vs Seagate Hard drive.

Well dude from my personal experience I will suggest you to buy the Western Digital external desktop hard drive because I have used Seagate external drives many times for the same purpose and every time they crashed before the completion of 9 months. It happened with my 3 times so dude it will be better to go with Western Digital external desktop hard drive if you don’t want lose any data on your hard drive.

Well dude even I will recommend you the Western Digital external desktop hard drive. I have never used the Seagate external drives but heard that they also work very fine and have good performance. I am using the Western Digital external desktop hard drive from last 3 years and never faced any problem with that, that’s why I am telling you to buy this one, there are three categories in Western Digital external desktop hard drive green, blue and black. Black is most expensive and the green is cheaper. Go with the green one it’s cheaper and I am having no issue with it.

Well dude even I like the Western Digital external desktop hard drive because it had simple plug and play feature with the power saving technology. And as all of as now that Western Digital external desktop hard drive is number one in the world so sell the hard drives so the reliability comes with the product. But what I like most about the Seagate is it’s automatic backup software and file encryption to protect the files and folders.

Thanks a lot guys for taking concern on my query, actually I was looking for most reliable product rather than the functionality of automatic back up and the encryption of files, because nobody uses my PC. And as you guys have said that it consumes very less power. So now I am going with the Western Digital external desktop hard drive. Thank you guys for helping me out and suggesting the right choice, out of the two given options.