Thread: BlackBerry Playbook: Getting error message’Error: Couldn't resolve host name’

BlackBerry Playbook: Getting error message’Error: Couldn't resolve host name’

I have tethered BlackBerry Playbook with BlackBerry Bold 9700. I have found that all the internet based application on the Playbook was unable to access and showing an error message on the browser. The error message can be stated as follow ’Error: Couldn't resolve host name’. I have noticed that the Bridge Browser is not working fine. Let me know if you are having any particular solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: BlackBerry Playbook: Getting error message’Error: Couldn't resolve host name’

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I want to know something which would be helpful to get the root cause of the problem. Can you tell me which version of the operating system do you have installed? Can you tell me which version of the BlackBerry Bridge do you using? Tell me whether do you have assigned any APN on the smartphone of yours? Let me know the answer of the above mentioned question as soon as possible.

Re: BlackBerry Playbook: Getting error message’Error: Couldn't resolve host name’

I am suggesting couple of thing which you can do and see whether any of the suggestion is working or not. you should alter APN settings under the TCP/IP option for the handset of yours. you should also try with the wireless server profile which is provided by the Playbook of yours. you should try to enter the APN settings into the Custom profile and see whether there is any difference in the situation.

I recommend that you should go for the Factory Reset on the Playbook and see whether it is working or not. you need to use the following instruction to perform the Factory reset.
    • You should go for Settings and then you have to search for the Security.
    • Into Security option you have to go for Factory Wipe and enter the code for the confirmation of process.
    • Now the device of yours would reboot and see whether it is working or not.

I was also having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have done lots of tricks and tweaks to get rid put of this particular problem. Finally I have managed to get rid out of this problem. Well I have upgraded the software of the BlackBerry Playbook and from where I am not having the issue which I have mentioned over here. So try with the software upgrade and see whether you are getting any error message or not.

If any of the above mentioned solution is not working at all then I think you need to contact the official service center to get further help. I want to know whether you are having service warranty or not. if you are having the same then make sure that your device should not have any physical damage otherwise you will void the service warranty. You must carry all the invoice details regarding the purchasing of the products.