Thread: 3G Data for unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9930.

3G Data for unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9930.

Hello guys, BlackBerry have launched a new handset BlackBerry Bold 9930 with GSM, UTMS and HSPA. Well I know that it will handle the voice from AT&T as the previous BlackBerry handsets use to handle, but what about the Data. My question is there anything different with this handset so it will able to handle the Verizon 3G data and as well as AT&T 3G data. I guess many of you guys know all this please share here.

Re: 3G Data for unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9930.

Well very nice thread, well the GSM band in that BlackBerry handset is for roaming internationally. So if you planning to tour some other countries then buy this handset. And Verizon’s 3G doesn’t support the voice and data at the same time, but both voice and data are available on the HTC Thunderbolt at the same time. That’s why I have bought the HTC Thunderbolt to access both the services at the same time.

Hey I didn’t know that about the Verizon 3G that it doesn’t provide both services i.e. voice and data ta the same time. But HTC Thunderbolt provide both of these at same time and BlackBerry doesn’t that was more shocking news for me. I searched a lot about this thin on internet and I have found that HTC Thunderbolt doesn’t support voice and data on 3G. But it does support on the 4G. but I am not still sure on that.

Hey guys thanks a lot for replying so quickly on my thread, users here are really very quick in responding as compared to the other tech related web sites. But guys sorry that I wasn’t my question you guys are discussing about the HTC Thunderbolt but my query was about the BlackBerry Bold 9930. My query is if I unlock the Bold 9930 not connected to Verizon and after unlocking I will put an AT&T sum card in it, will the AT&T 3G Data will work on BlackBerry.

Well first I want to clear the things for HTC Thunderbolt, because I have Thunderbolt and Verizon uses a 3G technology. And Thunderbolt supports voice and as well as data at same time both on 3G as well as on 4G. And dude regarding your query you can’t do that AT&T 3G data won’t work on the unlocked Blackberry Bold 9930. You can buy a normal GSM model if you want to access the data plan on your handset.

Hey dude thanks for replying so quickly, actually I am going to some other countries. And I was planning the BlackBerry handset outside the US for the GSM networks which have bands same like the AT&T, and also wanted to use the same in US. That was the reason I posted this query. Anyways guys thanks a lot for giving me the right advice I will use other handsets instead of the BlackBerry Bold 9930. Thank you,