Thread: Not able to connect playbook to WPA2

Not able to connect playbook to WPA2

I use a Netgear RangeMax WPN824 router at home with WPA2 and is not able to get the IP address. SSID is and the settings are appropriate Playbook (intellectual property acquisition, dual mode). Sits showing an attempt to acquire three IP addresses for about 30 seconds and then answer cannot obtain an IP address. Playbook works seemlessly at work using WPA wireless DSL, as well as by subject (Verizon). Cannot ping or traceroute in advanced help Wireless, intellectual property is not given. I reset the playbook, he tried to turn the bridge and out, restart and reset the Netgear ADSL router. No luck. Have Dell computer that can contact the Sony laptop that has wifi access, an iPod touch and a Toshiba laptop. IPAD has no problems either. Does anyone have a clue?

Re: Not able to connect playbook to WPA2

I was also having almost a same kind of problem as the above users are having for last few weeks. Was not able to connect to any wireless weather it would be at my friends place of weather it may be at my office and nor my Curve 8350i would get connect. But my daughter’s iPod touch and also her Mac laptop use to get connected there. So I would be hoping for a reply about this question. Do reply please.

I just received my Blackberry playbook and am having the same problem. My network is detected correctly, enter the password WPA2, which tries to connect, says the acquisition of the IP address and after a few seconds later: no address is available. As an experiment, I tried a wrong password and immediately said "bad password". Manual of doing nothing and does not offer any additional options. My router is an Apple Time Capsule. Any ideas or fixes?

I was having a similar problem. But one of my friend tried and help me out and told me to do some kind of RND and it worked for me. Just everyone try this out see if it helps you’ll out. Just try and log in as usually to log in into your network. But don’t try and select any browser. Just you need to select yahoo or any kind of other site. When you open any other site or yahoo just op-en a new tab and open Google. This would help.

I got connected up just excellent using WPA2. I had previously connected my Torch in the earlier period and the profile transfer over via Bridge. I just need to add a password for the first time and also need to add Mac to my filter list. I need to open my WI-Fi selector to connect because I don’t have SSID broadcasted. And other WAP2 connects nicely. You just need to be sure to that your profile should be not disable.