Thread: Disabling touchpad in asus netbook

Disabling touchpad in asus netbook

hi friends I am using the ASUS netbook and my laptop is working perfectly but I am facing one problem with my system. Actually I use external mouse to for my laptop as I am not comfortable in using the touch pad so I want to disable the touch pad but I don’t know how to disable the touch pad. I tried to disable it but I didn’t get the option. Please tell me where I can fin the option for disabling the touch pad option. Please help me to solve this issue. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Disabling touchpad in asus netbook

I have read your post and after I read your problem I will help you to solve your problem. To disable the touch pad you need to go to my computer and after that go to the my computer properties and after that go to the device manger and then you will find the touch pad option just click on it and disable the touch pad option. After doing that just restart the laptop and then your touch pad will be disabled, but make sure whenever you’re going to remove mouse then first enable the touch pad then remove the mouse.

Hey after reading your post I have tried to search the option in the device manager but I didn’t find anything there. But then started searching in all other places and finally I got the option and I disable the touchpad. But now I am facing the other problem with that. After disabling the touchpad when I turn off the laptop and when start the laptop next day at that time touchpad gets turn on automatically. Please tell me what to do to solve this option.

If you are not able to disable it permanently then I think you have to turn it off from start up list. To perform this you need first click on the run and then type MSCONFIG then you will find one dialog box. In that click on start up and then there you will find the option of your touchpad now just unselect it and click on OK after that click on exit. And it will automatically restart the laptop and your problem will be solved. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

I have read you post and after that I followed all your steps exactly as you have mentioned. And your idea of changing the setting from MSCONFIG really worked for me. Now I have successfully disabled the touchpad and I am not facing any problems with that. Now the entire things are going perfectly and I am really happy for that. thank you for helping me to solve this problem. I really appreciate your help.