Thread: How to connect MAC Mini to LCD HDTV Vizio xvt553sv

How to connect MAC Mini to LCD HDTV Vizio xvt553sv

Hello friends I was using the Dell laptop and I was use to connect it with my LCD HDTV Vizio xvt553sv by using the HDMI cable and it was all working fine because I use my laptop to watch all the movies and listen all the songs so it is very important for me. but I have recently purchased the MAC mini. The laptop is working absolutely fine but when I try to connect it with my TV then I am not able to see the screen. Please tell me what is wrong with that? If you have any solution then please reply me with your suggestion.

Re: How to connect MAC Mini to LCD HDTV Vizio xvt553sv

I have read your problem. Actually this problem is common with new laptops so once you get perfect setting for that then you will not face any more problems again. Before I tell you anything just Check your HDMI cable is working perfect or not. Then try to connect after the changing resolution. Because some time incapability of resolution also creates the problem due to which we cannot connect it with the TV. Try this trick I hope this will be helpful for you.

As you have said in your post I have checked my HDMI cable because when I turn off both My TV and my laptop and after that when I restart the both then I can see the booting screen on my TV but after booting completes it shows the message that “INVALID FORMET”. After that I changed the resolution and after that when I connect it with my TV but it doesn’t make any difference. I request you to please help me to solve this problem. I will be very thankful to you.

As you are saying that changing the resolution is not working for you and your HDMI cable is also working fine then I suggest you to try to connect your laptop by using the DVI to VGA add. According to me this trick will surly going to help you. Because many times I have seen that with some TV HDMI cable not work but DVI to VGA add on works that is why I am giving you this suggestion, so try this and let me know whether it worked for you or not?

After watching your post I tried to search the DVI to VGA Add on but after spending the so many time behind that but finally I get that thing form one of my friend when I tried it with laptop that it doesn’t work but when I tried to connect the laptop with some other TV then it is working perfectly. so please reply me is there any chances of incapability with TV or Some other problem is there? Please reply me what should I do to solve this problem. Please reply me.

I was having the same problem with me MAC book but I was trying to connect it with some other TV. It was Sony Bravia TV but after trying all the things I didn’t get any result but after that my friend suggested me to reinstall the Mac book drivers and I have tried that also and now I am able to use it perfectly and I am not facing any problem with it. So I think you should also try this trick and solve your problem. Please tell me whether this trick worked for you or not?

I was not sure about the reinstalling the drivers. Because I didn’t want take any risk. But after that I read your post and as you have said that you have tried the same thing then I downloaded the all updated drivers of my MACbook and then installed it in laptop. After that when I connected my laptop with TV at that time all the were going perfectly and now I am not facing any problem with my laptop. So I am really thankful for your all the replies and all the help.