Thread: Touchpad Problem in Sony Vaio VGN-NW31EF

Touchpad Problem in Sony Vaio VGN-NW31EF

I have an sony's laptop since 2 years and i am having a problem with its mouse pad, it dosen't work properly, i tried lots of changes and atlast i buy a new acers laptop will this problem happens there too ? After switching to acer my roller mouse, on the pointing device of my laptop has disappears. How can I use my roller on my right side pointing device again ? Shall i use any pointing device driver as i have both laptop with me ? Will it be helpful ?? For more than 1 month that i have been using it, it has shown no kind of difficulties. And i called tech support too.

Re: Touchpad Problem in Sony Vaio VGN-NW31EF

It sounds like a software problem. You should try reinstalling the drivers? Probably you did if you already called tech support. Well i will try if the problem happen in safe mode. If happen in safe mode means that could be something wrong in windows. But try entering in safe mode and use the word pad, word perfect, etc. And you can check if you have the same problem and if you do probably you will need to try a repair/install of windows.

It's simple to enter in safe mode. we just have to turn on computer and as soon as you see the Vaio logo start pressing the F8 key several times to get the windows advance menu options. there will be a list and you have to select safe mode and press enter after that, after selecting the operating system press enter again. It will load some drivers. Log in with your user name and when you get the message of safe mode press ok. The desktop will appear all the icons will be bigger but don't worry about that. Try using the drivers and check if the problem happens.

You can try installing the Sony Drivers from the downloading portals, or may visit the nearest support center. or you can try another option like, go into the control panel and enter the mouse/touchpad settings. Find a checkbox that reads disable touchpad when typing and select it. That may fix your problem. Try to re-install the touchpad from device manager or just update the drivers that will fix the issue.

Could it be that you're hitting the touchpad accidentally your palm? I done it by mistakenly once which results to cursor jumping randomly while typing, so i haven't have any option except replacing it.reinstall of ALPS driver which you will get from its official site and control utility gives the settings back: ALDOTH-00199338-US.EXE. For online support you can visit this official site of sony to download the drivers.

When troubleshooting there problems involving touchpad or track point tracking or responsiveness, the good idea is to make sure the device is clean.and for cleaning the touchpad, wipe it off with a soft cloth usually you can use a cotton cloth, dampened with rubbing alcohol.If the track point cap seems dirty or sticky,directly replace it otherwise it would again make a new problem.avoid using in wet environment as it works better in dry environment. Any excess of moisture, heat, or cold can result in poor performance. Problems can be caused by factors often overlooked, like dirty or sweaty hands. If the notebook has both devices, check the responsiveness with the other device. If both are failing in the same manner, it is mostly a software issue.