Thread: Bluetooth not working in HP 620 notebook pc

Bluetooth not working in HP 620 notebook pc

Hi, I purchased HP 620 notebook PC few months back and it seems to have worked very well till last week. Recently when I tried connecting my Motorola mobile phone to my HP 620 notebook PC via Bluetooth, I was unable to build a successful connection. The HP 620 notebook PC has Windows 7 ultimate installed in it. I am getting the “No Bluetooth device is found” error on both my mobile phone as well as the notebook screen. Please Help me, solve my problem.

Re: Bluetooth not working in HP 620 notebook pc

Just having blue tooth feature in your laptop and mobile phone won’t make connections between both the devices. You should make sure that the Bluetooth of both your mobile phone and your laptop are switched on and they are within a comfortable distance from each other, which should not exceed 10 meters, as the range for Bluetooth connection is only 10 meters. Go to network connection in your laptop and search for Bluetooth device. When detected connect them.

I also faced this problem with my HP laptop and my Nokia N8 mobile. And after lots of researching about the matter on Internet, I finally got one solution which worked wonders for me. But I am not sure whether that will work for you or not. Still you can give it a try. What you need to do is just update your BIOS. Keep your BIOS system updated and then restart your laptop. IF prompted for restart then just perform the restart to find your Bluetooth as working.

You should try to connect your laptop to some other Bluetooth mobile and your mobile to some others laptop and check out whether they are able to establish Bluetooth connection with other devices or not. By doing so, you can easily find out which one of your products, the laptop or your mobile is having fault while creating a Bluetooth connection between both the devices. If the mobile is creating the trouble then you need to get it fixed. And if the HP notebook is the one having problems, then you must its problem fixed.

I would recommend you to reinstall all the necessary drivers of your HP 620 notebook PC along with the all the necessary utilities for Bluetooth and others. You can make use of the Drivers CD which you must have received along with the laptop to install all the drivers. If you are unable to find the driver CD then I would suggest you to visit the following website of HP Open the HP page and then click on “Support & Drivers” link. Now you will be provided with two options to either download the drivers in your system and then install or directly detect your laptop and its driver and get your necessary drivers directly installed in your laptop.

It seems like the Bluetooth device of your laptop has spoilt and that is why it might not be detecting any other Bluetooth devices. So in this case the only solution is to take your HP laptop to any nearby computer store and get your laptop’s Bluetooth device repaired completely so that it starts working properly again. If you are unable to get it fixed from any local computer store then you should probably contact the nearest HP Service center and submit your laptop there and get your problem solved.