Thread: HP Slate Tablet PC is freezing while booting Windows 7

HP Slate Tablet PC is freezing while booting Windows 7

The Hospital I am working at recently purchased few HP Slate Tablet PCs which are running 32-bit Windows 7 Operating System. They were working perfectly fine until yesterday. From yesterday night 2 HP Slate tablet PCs have started malfunctioning. They have started booting up into the Windows Partition and then freezing there completely. This happens every now and then. The only thing we can do then is to Hard-Power them down. Does anyone know what could be the reason behind this problem? Please help me.

re: HP Slate Tablet PC is freezing while booting Windows 7

I am not sure whether this would help you solve your problem or not, but I would recommend you to give it a try atleast. You should try to perform Hardware diagnostics and check whether it solves your problem of freezing boot ups or not. Press F2 repeatedly when you start your HP Slate tablet PC and when the HP logo appears on the screen. This will make diagnostics to appear on screen. Run all the processes including the startup and battery test.

You should probably try to change the virtual memory and then the appearance and performance of Windows. You can change the virtual memory by following the given path:
    • Click on the Windows Orb i.e. Start button > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System
    • In the System Window , click on Advanced System settings
    • Select the Advanced tab and then click on Change option, which is under Virtual memory..
    • You should clear the checkbox of “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives”
    • Select the drive and the click on the Customize size.
    • Finally type the initial and the maximum size in MBs and click on Set button, followed by clicking on OK button.

According to me there is some problem with the installed Operating System. So I would recommend you to reinstall the OS in your HP Slate tablet PC. You can do that by using the Re-installation CD which must be provided to you when you had purchased your tablet PCs. Just connect your tablet to some computer using a USB cable and install the Windows 7. Check out reinstalling the Windows 7 32-bit OS helps you solving the problem or not.

The problem can be because of anything. So I would suggest you to first upgrade your BIOS, than update your drivers, then increase the virtual memory of your tablet as mentioned in the above post. I would also recommend you to run memtest. Check if there is any hardware or any software issues in your HP Slate tablet PC or not. Also perform the chkdsk to check the health of your hard drive and solve the problems because of the problematic hard disk.

Re: HP Slate Tablet PC is freezing while booting Windows 7

If you ask for my personnel opinion then I would suggest you to take your HP Slate tablet PC to the store fro where you purchased it and show them the problems which you are facing while using the HP Slate tablet PC. If they store guy is unable to help you with your problem then I would suggest you to contact the nearest store of HP Service Center and take an appointment to get your tablet PC fixed by them. If the product is still within the warranty period then you problem will be solved for free or else you make be charged for their service.