Thread: Camera not working with Skype in HP Slate Tablet PC

Camera not working with Skype in HP Slate Tablet PC

Last week I purchased my Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit) running HP Slate Tablet PC and was totally amazed and in love this tablet PC. I loved all the features of the tablet. Everything is perfectly fine with the HP Slate Tablet PC except one thing. Whenever I am trying to make Skype video call using the front camera of the tablet, only the back camera seems to be working and shooting videos, thus making it impossible for me perform Skype video calling. Does anyone know what could be the problem with my HP Slate Tablet PC? Please help me by giving your valuable solutions.

Re: Camera not working with Skype in HP Slate Tablet PC

You have to switch to the front camera in order to make use of it to perform Skype video calling. It is very simple to switch between the camera’s which you wish to use at any particular moment. Just go to the camera utilities and switch your current using camera option to the front camera instead of the default primary use of the back camera in HP Slate Tablet PC. Just change the settings and apply them. Restart the camera and now you will be able to perform video calling by using the front camera of your HP Slate Tablet PC.

Thank you dude for showing your concern towards my problem and replying my query thread so quickly. I tried your solution. But it did not help me in any ways. I tried switching from my rear camera to the front camera by going to the camera utilities and changing the settings. But it is not helping at all. Even after changing the settings, every time I try to do the video calling, the Skype would detect the rear camera instead of the front camera. This thing is really annoying me now. Please somebody help me solve my problem. Your suggestions are always appreciated. So feel free to post some solution.

Dude you must probably try to uninstall your Skype and reinstall it. Uninstall the Skype and all the related files of it from your HP Slate tablet PC. Then download the latest available version of Skype from the official website of Skype and then install the new downloaded Skype in your HP Slate tablet PC. Restart the tablet PC once you have completed the process of installing the Skype. Start the Skype application and check whether you are still facing the same problem with your Skype video calling function.

According to me there must be some drivers issue in your HP Slate Tablet PC. You should probably install all the necessary drivers for your HP Slate tablet PC. You can make use of the drivers which you have got when you had purchased your tablet. Or else if you can’t find the drivers CD then you can also visit the official website of HP to either download the drivers and install them in your HP Slate table PC or directly install the necessary drivers from the website, without even downloading them. Make sure that you have installed the webcam utility as well.

You said that its being just one week that you have purchased your HP Slate tablet PC and you are unable to start the front camera for Skype video calling. So according to me the best solution would be to take your tablet PC to the place from where you purchased it and get your problem solved. Or else the best solution would be to contact the nearest HP service center and get your issues solved by the technical staff of HP. And all your problems will be solved free of cost.