Thread: compaq 620 showing "consider replacing your battery"

compaq 620 showing "consider replacing your battery"

Hello guys, i am having a Compaq 620 laptop. My laptop was performing slow as lots of virus and malware invaded it. so i have to format it and clean install windows 7 operating system. But after clean install, when the Windows start, I am notified with the message saying "consider replacing your battery, your computer might shutdown suddenly”. I don’t think something is wrong with the battery. My battery is in good condition but I don’t know why windows is asking me to replace the battery.

Re: compaq 620 showing "consider replacing your battery"

Did you get this message from the windows for the first time or does it often appears on the screen. You should check the battery of your laptop. It might have damaged and died. Run your laptop on battery power and observe how much backup it gives. If the battery no longer gives backup, then you may require changing it. Even if your laptop is new, then due to frequent charging and discharging, the battery life has come to an end. get it replaced with the new battery if you want to continue working in your laptop.

Just check the battery health and see what does it indicates. Moreover you need to recondition the battery. Battery needs reconditioning, when it no more holds charge. Do you get notifications while running the laptop in AC power. Unplug your laptop from the AC adapter and run it on battery power. wait for the battery to discharge up to 2%.. Now reboot the system and get into the BIOS setup. Stay in the BIOS setup until the battery dies completely and the system shutdown. then put it in the charge and leave it.

After the battery has completely discharged, the laptop will shutdown itself. Reboot the computer to enter the BIOS screen. Leave the laptop with the BIOS setup on the screen and wait till it the battery die and the laptop shuts off. Wait for five minutes and then plug it to AC source. Let it charge till the battery indicator shows that the battery is it is fully charged. In between when the battery is charging avoid turning on the laptop. After completely charging it turn on the laptop and let it start normally. You will find that message doesn’t appear any more.

I checked my battery and found that it was fine, so i dropped the idea of changing the battery. The only thing was that I needed was to recondition the battery. So I entered into the BIOS setup and left the battery to drain completely. when the battery was totally discharge. , I put it on the AC power. After some hours of charging when I switched on the laptop, I found that my problem was solved. i dint get any “consider replacing your battery” notification from the operating system.