Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2011

HP 620 laptop - sound is very low even at full volume

hello friends, i am having a laptop HP 620 running on windows 7 operating system. Everything works fine but I think there is a problem in audio. When I play any music file, I can see that the music is being played but with a very low sound. the sound is so low that it is hardly audible. i thought thet the volume of the system must be low so increase the volume from the volume button, but even in full volume the music is not loud. Can anyone tell me what?s wrong with my laptop.
Old 03-05-2011

Re: HP 620 laptop - sound is very low even at full volume

You said that while playing music, very low sound is audible. It means that there is some problem with the audio settings. But before that, check if the audio driver is working properly or not. Reinstall the audio driver and see if there is any improvement in the audio. if you get low volume from the in built speakers, then connect external speakers or headphone and observe if there is boost in the audio. Is the sound low only with music files or also with the other applications. Try to play video files and mark the difference.
Old 03-05-2011

Check by running other applications like other audio file or video files. Make sure that the audio settings of the system are correctly configured. to configure the settings, just double click on the volume icon and select Mixer. all the sound applications that are active will be displayed. Make sure that the volume control under the device is not set to mute. The icon just below the control shows the mute or unmute status. Each sound device has separate Mixer control. In the slider bar check for the button, if it is set low. If set low then slide the button to the highest level and then test the sound.
Old 03-05-2011

If the volume icon is not shown in the task bar, then check in the device manager whether the audio driver is working properly or not. Update the audio driver and then test the sound. make sure that you use the original audio driver. When you reinstall the audio driver, it quickly resets the audio settings and configures it automatically to default. if still the problem persists then there is some problem with the sound card of your laptop. Take it to the service center and get it checked and if there is no9 other option then you may need to replace it.
Old 05-05-2011

Hey guys thank you all for your kind replies and support. I was frustrated of this problem. I tried to configure every audio setting, but I couldn?t increase the volume of my laptop. I reinstalled sound driver two to three times but it didn?t work. So finally I have to perform system restore. After system restore and installation of all the driver, I found that the problem was gone. I had to back up all my files prior to system restore.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,