Thread: no Sound in Compaq 620 speakers

no Sound in Compaq 620 speakers

Hello friends, I have got a HP Compaq 620. I bought it few months ago. It was working fine without any issue until yesterday when I found that laptop is having sound problem. When I tried to play the music file, media player played the file but I could not hear any sound from the laptop speaker. But when I connect head phone or an external speaker to the laptop , I could hear the sound loud and clear. I am very much worried about my laptop, it is hardly few months old. can anyone help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: no Sound in Compaq 620 speakers

First of all check the volume settings of the media player software. if the sound is muted then unmute it. Check the volume control and audio properties of the system. Open the audio properties of the system and select audio there. see if the proper driver is selected in the default device. I think that there is a problem with the sound driver. Have you installed the correct sound driver. If you have installed the proper audio driver, then it may need to update. Update the audio driver and see if you can fix the problem.

You are getting sound from headsets and external speakers, when you connect them to the headphone port, but no sound from the in built speakers. I am sure there is some configuration problem. the audio settings of your system might have not configured correctly. in the “Sound Preferences” select Output tab and then select “Internal Audio Analog Stereo.” and under the settings Connector has to be set for Analog speakers. the in built speakers of will not work if it is set to “Analog headphone or Analog output”. This will surely solve the sound problem.

i was also having the same problem but got it solved. can you tell me on which operating system is your system running. if you are running on windows 7 then you need to do the same as I did to fix the issue. On the Taskbar click on the speaker icon and s set it to the Listening mode to Laptop speakers. It is also possible that internal speakers of your laptop might have got damaged or the connection of the speakers might have broken due to which you are unable to hear any sound from it. In that case get repaired for the broken connections or replace the speakers with the new one.

Thank you all for your kind support and suggestions. I tried to fix the problem but I failed. I was thinking that there might be some problem with the sound driver. So I reinstalled the driver again and again but nothing happened. So finally in the Sound Preferences i selected the Output Tab and then choose “Internal Audio Analog Stereo.” and under the settings I set it to Analog speakers. After that I was able to hear sound from the laptop speakers. Thank you all again.

l33t Re: no Sound in Compaq 620 speakers

Hello everyone.

can anyone tell me where is the sound preferences tab in windows 7 Ultimate as i'm unable to find the said option...

thanks in advance...

Re: mohamed from virus removal 77450

I have the same problem , and i don't know how to solve it. Please tell me how to open sound preferences tab in windows 7 ??? Please help

Quote Originally Posted by tarunk76 View Post
    Hello everyone.

can anyone tell me where is the sound preferences tab in windows 7 Ultimate as i'm unable to find the said option...

thanks in advance...
    I think you'l find it in ubuntu not in windows 7