Thread: HP Pavilion Laptop dv6 Touch Pad buttons hard to click

HP Pavilion Laptop dv6 Touch Pad buttons hard to click

Hello guys, i am having a HP Pavilion Laptop dv6 with windows 7 operating system. My brother gifted me last Christmas. It is a very good laptop with great features, but the only problem I am facing is with the touch pad. I found that touch pad is slowly losing its sensitivity. There was no such issue with the touch pad when the laptop was new. Even the right click and left click buttons are not functioning properly. One has to put extra effort to click the buttons. Can anybody tell how to fix this problem.

Re: HP Pavilion Laptop dv6 Touch Pad buttons hard to click

I am also having the same HP pavilion laptop but the touch pad doesn’t have any problem. It may happen that you would have set the mouse sensitivity too low, or by default it would have been set low, due to which you feel like touch pad losing its sensitivity. Go to control panel and change the sensitivity of the mouse. You can set it by sliding the button towards left to decrease the sensitivity and sliding it towards right to increase the sensitivity. Try this and see if your problem gets solved.

First of all check the settings mouse settings and confirm that it is configured correctly. if you experience that the mouse pointer is lagging or is running out of your control, then surely there is some problem with the driver. you require to update the driver. Try updating it directly from the synaptics. If the right click and left click is not functioning properly then you can just eliminate the need for button. Go to tapping and here the zones can be assigned to right and left click. But some laptops with oem driver is found to disable this option.

You can set the pointer speed of the mouse from the settings. Click Start menu and then select Settings and then go to control panel. In the control panel window you need to click on Mouse. When this window opens, you will find options to set the pointer speed and you can configure it accordingly. If you find the right click and left click button are very to press and is not functioning properly then, possibly the buttons might have jammed and needs to be repaired. The internal circuit of the keyboard might have damaged due to which your click buttons are not functioning properly.

i was facing the same problem with the left click button. Whenever I clicked it, sometimes it was responsive but for that i had to tap the button with greater effort. I discovered that it was caused due to the defective switch of the touch pad. To get rid of this problem I had to replace the touch pad. In your case also I feel it likely to be manufacturing defect. If your laptop is under warranty period then get it repaired. It is better to get the whole touch pad replaced with the new one. if you are not willing to send your laptop for repair then you get one external mouse.

hey guys, thank you all for sparing your valuable time to answer my post. The touch pad buttons were very hard to press, and the touch sensitivity was also losing slowly. i tried to configure the mouse settings from the control panel but nothing happened. i also updated the driver but i found no difference. so finally I had to take it to service center for repair. Here they told me that some parts of circuit has damaged and needs to be replaced. They replaced the entire touch pad circuit and now the touch pad is working fine.