Thread: Can I use Sony DVD Remote to control Yamaha Volume Control

Can I use Sony DVD Remote to control Yamaha Volume Control

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I hope you all have been doing well. Well, need some suggestions. Replies cherished on a very high note.I purchased a Sony BDP-S470 along with a RMT-B107P remote which I feed in to a Yamaha RX-V565 AV Receiver and projector.With the preceding DVD player I was able to contol the Yamaha volume from the Panasonic remote. Now my question is Can I use Sony DVD Remote to control Yamaha Volume Control. Thanks for replying.

Re: Can I use Sony DVD Remote to control Yamaha Volume Control

Hey mate. I am doing well. I am hoping that even you are good. Firstly, I take the opportunity to congratulate you for getting a new Sony BDP-S470 . I ould like to enlighten you on something related to the above thread that you have posted. Well, I would recommend you that you should refer to the sony book and I feel that it will surely give you some information and data on how to do the same with the Sony remote. Do check it out.

Hi. Hey buddy , according to me, I think that Sony blu-ray player remote is not competent of controlling a receiver. You might look into whether the Yamaha remote can control numerous devices together with your blue-ray player. You can also consider a auction priced Logitech Harmony remote to control the whole thing in your set of connections. I have shared my knowledge with you, whatever I knew, I hope that it helps you out in some way or the other.

Hey I really like the above replies. Once, you get all what is mentioned, I doubt, you will ever look back. However, the only negative point is that they cannot pop the popcorn for you. Also, overall I feel that yu must have got the scheme of the things. Still, if you want to clarify things, I would advocate you to contact the respective sony authorities, as they will surely guide you through the best solution that you have been looking for. Thank You.

I have noticed a program in the handbook of Code Numbers of Controllable Televisions, consequently the handset can be configured somewhat. On the other hand, the code numbers given for other Television producer products do not keep up a correspondence to the codes given in the Panasonic handbook for comparable equipment. Hence, I feel that each manufacturer has its own code set. I doubt, you use Sony DVD Remote to control Yamaha Volume Control.