Thread: No drivers present for HP Wireless G Print Server 2101nw

No drivers present for HP Wireless G Print Server 2101nw

I have a HP Wireless G Print Server 2101nw with me and would say that I was really very excited with it. Now the thing is that I am not able to believe HP did not release drivers for this print server. I guess that they have the drivers for the printers that can be used with it but they do not have the drivers for itself. And this is something that is beyond imagination. What I need to do. Should I just return the print server? Please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: No drivers present for HP Wireless G Print Server 2101nw

I would tell you that I have the print server connected to my Dell Desktop running XP and it is doing perfectly fine and there is no problem at all. I would tell you that the XP and my HP F4280 works alright without any problem. Also I would tell you that I have put the driver disk in my Toshiba laptop and that one is running Windows 7. On that I have downloaded the software and it worked OK .So maybe you need to follow the same steps that are present and then there wont be problem at all.

I think that you just have to go to the manager to get the 2102nw working now. What I did was that I have to uninstall the previous installation.This is what I did and then what I did was that I added the printer drivers. After that I just reinstall all from fresh. It is now working fine.So probably this is the best possible solution that you can use and that is the reason by which you can get away with the problem that you are facing.

I would ask that has anybody actually got this working on windows 7 yet? This is what the main question is.But what I can tell you is that I can install the vista driver and then can find the icon or the program on the computer. And what this does is that it allows us to connect anywhere that lets us connect to the server.So this is the advantage of it. Also I would say that I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as a previous and even that will help you as being stated in the previous solution.

I would say that what you need to do is that you need to try installing the Print Server software from the supplied CD.And this is the step that you need to follow first.After that just follow the instructions that are given very carefully and this will surely help you. Also what you can do is that you just show this to the HP support center and then just tell then the issue.This will help you and then I am sure that the problem will be solved without any problems at all.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have put up and would say that this is something that I was looking out for.I just had a look at the solutions that you have put up and would say that I am very happy with the solutions.I will definitely go ahead with them and then I guess that all will be fine with me.So finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to me to solve the problem that I was facing.