Thread: Unable to install Laserjet 4050 in Windows 7 x64

Unable to install Laserjet 4050 in Windows 7 x64

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I have presently installed Windows 7 64Bit operating system. I have be doing well in installing several other more recent HP printers. Nonetheless, my main printer is a HP Laserjet 4050 and I have downloaded the Universal Printer Driver v5.0.3 for Windows x64 - PCL 5 and PCL 6, and in both scenarios I am unable to find a suitable driver. The HP download website show these Universal Drivers should be fine, however I am unable to get it to install. Is there a driver that will work on the 4050 in Windows 7 X64? Thank you.

Re: Unable to install Laserjet 4050 in Windows 7 x64

Hey I have a solution for you. You can I navigate to the network settings all the way through the control panel and search for the local area connection. Follow it by clicking on the link for the local area connection and then gaze at the properties. There you will be able to see internet protocol version 4. Verify the settings through use of properties and make changes if required. Also, you will have to alter the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0.

Hi buddy. I am fine and going well. I would advise you that you should make use of the LaserJet 4200/4300 PCL6 which is native to Windows 7 x64 for your LaserJet 4050, I am sure that it will work superbly. Also, Just pay no attention to the device which has the yellow triangle. It's just means that the HP doesn't endow with a accurate driver. It wouldn’t trouble anything nevertheless you cannot make it go away.I hope that this helps you.

The technique to conquer this is to install a generic printer in the vicinity, by making use of use HP's UP driver, and transform the port later to point to the shared printer. So, primarily, add a local printer which makes use of LPT1 port and just see that no printer is attached and click on Have disk in order to browse to and choose HP's UPD. Going throughout the left behind steps you should be able to install a locally-attached printer named something similar to HP Universal Printing PCL 5

Hey mate the above steps are perfectly fine, however, I do not think that it will solve the purpose. After installing, You'll then have to move in the new printer's properties, which will be there on the Ports tab, and then you will have to click on Add Port. If in case you're installing a shared printer, you will have to opt for Local Port and then click on New Port and state the pathway to the printer Doing these steps will surely solve the issue.

My friend, I can substantiate that HP LaserJet 4050 Series printers are certainly well-suited with Windows 7 and have also been shown up on the Windows 7 Compatibility Center .Even if a native driver doesn't come with Windows 7 Gold, it's obtainable by means of Windows Update .The printer in addition to the above is also supported on Windows 7 using drivers provided by HP's Universal Printer Driver. Also, keep in mind that HP's UPD PCL 6 may not be friendly with LaserJet 4050, because they make use of a PCL XL class number.