Thread: Procedure of network installation for HP Deskjet 970CXi.

Procedure of network installation for HP Deskjet 970CXi.

Hello guys I am having Windows 7 on my system and I just bought the HP Deskjet 970CXi as a network printer. I have searched a lot for the installation on network but there is solution for installation via using the USB port but there is nothing for network installation. Many of you guys have did the network installation please share solution here or any suggestions you have. I have no idea how to do all this so guys please help me out,

Re: Procedure of network installation for HP Deskjet 970CXi.

Well dude here’s are some steps which you have to follow for the network installation, and the steps are are as follows,
    1> First click on the “Start” button on main desktop.
    2> Now if there is no “Run” icon then in “Search” type run and press “OK”.
    3> Now click on “Run”.
    4> And type “hdwwiz” and click on “OK”.
    5> Now click on “Next” and then you have to click on the "install the hardware that I manually select from a list." And after that click on “Next”.
    6> Now click “printers” and then on “Next”.
    7> Now select “Use an existing port” and then go to “USB 001” and click on “Next” instead of that Choose “LPT1” because you need printer on network.
    8> Now click on the “Windows update”. This will show all the printers available for Windows 7, and now select your driver.

Hey dude thanks a lot for trying to help me out but I guess you have just given me the incomplete solution so dude please provide me the full solution as I have said that I quite newbie to all this stuff so I can’t handle or do all this set up or network installation on my own. I have searched on Google as well but didn’t find the proper solution all of them are for USB connection only no further instructions are given there so please help,

Hey dude I am extremely sorry for that actually I got a phone call and at that time by mistake I posted the incomplete solution so here are the further steps you have to follow,
    9> Now you have to install the printer as local printer and they just try to print the test page. You will get an arror that time but don’t worry just delete that print process.
    10> Now close all the windows displaying the printers and the other devices.
    11> Now again click on “Start” button.
    12> And choose the “Devices and Printers”.
    13> Now click on the “Add printer”.
    14> Now choose your network, wireless or Bluetooth.
    15> Now you will to printers on your screen one on net and the other on your PC.
    16> Now you choose the printer connected via the Printer server.
    17> And now from the drop list choose “HP Deskjet 970CXi”

Hey thanks a lot mate. I just simply followed the steps and in the end network installation done successfully. I have posted this query on other printer and tech related forums. But there I didn’t got the proper solution they were just telling me to restart the system, printer and other things, but the above solution did the trick for me in the first try itself. Thank you guys for helping me out on the thread.