Thread: Scanning is not working on HP envy 100 D410a.

Scanning is not working on HP envy 100 D410a.

Guys I am having MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, and Mac OS X 10.6.6 on Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM. I have installed all the software came in the CD of HP envy 100 D410a, all functions are working except the scan. I am not able to get the scanned copy on my system. I have tried few things like restarting wireless router Netgear WGR614, printer and Mac but the printer went to a state in which it could not find the Mac again. Please help me out.

Re: Scanning is not working on HP envy 100 D410a.

Dude thanks a lot for posting this query I am having same issue with my HP printer and I am having same configuration as you have specified. I have searched about it on HP and followed the suggestions given on HP like uninstalling the HP software, dumped preferences, repaired disk permissions and I again reinstalled the software from the HP website. I have also installed the HP printer update via software update, and gave the manual IP address to the Printer and to the Mac.

Yeah nothing worked out for me as well, I have tried all the given solution for the HP Envy but nothing worked in me case. I have found one discussion on the HP site that suggests that PCs have to be set to the “Activate scan to Computer” for the each time they switched on or woken from the sleep, but these thing in not required on the Mac, because it happens automatically on the Mac. Please share if anyone else got any solution.

Guys I think “OfficeJet 4500 (510g) OS X Issues” topic on the HP site will help you somewhat in the scanning issue, the way you guys have loaded the HP software on your system can make some difference and may be because of that you guys are not able to scan the documents. Because installing drivers for Mac 10.5 and 10.6 is completely different so just follow the given instruction on the site to load the software again. Hope that will solve your problem.

Yeah that will work for you because your problem is also related to scanning the documents. But no need to search on HP for that here’s is the complete instruction to resolve your issue. You just have to follow the given path, Steps
    1> First fully uninstall HP.
    2> Now restart your system.
    3> Add the printer in the preferences and Download the latest Apple HP drivers for Mac 10.6.
    4> Install full HP drivers from the HP official web site.
    5> Now try to scan back, hope this will work.

Hello guys thank a lot for helping me out, to be frank first I though none of the given solution will work for me because I have tried similar kind of solution but I just followed the given steps because nothing else worked for me but surprisingly it worked for me. Well I have posted this query on other sites as well but nobody have provided me the proper solution this is the only site where I have got the solution to resolve my issue. Thank you,