Thread: Dell Streak 2.1 isn't recognized by Dell PC Suite

Dell Streak 2.1 isn't recognized by Dell PC Suite

I just Updated my Dell Streak with the 2.1 update! But currently Dell PC Suite doesn't recognize my phone, so I can't sync it! I memorize there were choices on 1.6 to link as a phone just, but I don't have the similar options currently. Anybody got any thoughts? Plus- one more complaints are that Google Maps at present crashes each time I unlock it. Feel like reverting to 1.6. Anyone here has any idea about this than please provide em.

Re: Dell Streak 2.1 isn't recognized by Dell PC Suite

I thought it was me I have got the similar trouble with syncing. I have got 2 PCs one with windows 7 the other with windows XP and not any of them can sync. Been onto O2 and they provided me a link to a fresh update because of troubles people have been having but it at a standstill didn't work even though the phone looks a bit more steady than it was, the phone would power cut and not restart until I detached the battery.

Now can't obtain any of my contacts or schedule back onto the phone! While you connect the USB, even though the computer will recognize the external drive, Dell PC Suite sustains the phone is not connected. I attempted reinstalling PC Suite as recommended by O2. Come on Dell; sort these problems out and quick. Like it or hate it, you don't obtain these problems with an iPhone. And by the way DELL, give your associates at O2 a few training because they wedge- you can't speak straight to their help desk - just have to grasp whilst somebody with absolutely no technical literacy at all asks your queries on your behalf!

Here, in this case I just wish to add something related to Dell Streak. I just spent 3 hours on phone to O2 and Dell. Its official from dell- dell PC Suite isn't well-matched with 2.1. And you can't reinstall 1.6. And there's additional - O2 won't do anything regarding it because its PC software- i.e. the phone is okay. But Dell has approved to gather the phone, take it away, reinstall 1.6 and return within 8 to 9 days!

My phone continues freezing and I had to take the battery out and start again so I obtained onto O2 who attempted the reset, grasp both volume keys down and switch on select factory reset and push the camera key, didn't do a thing. It seems that there is a fix which they send to your computer and you can after that connect your phone and detach it great seeing as the main trouble is it won't bond to the computer anyhow so I asked if it could be sent to my streak, which is a computer and was told it couldn't.

I am happy I am not the only one having troubles! Trouble was, I upgraded to 2.1, and after that had to go away for a week, and I was anxious that I would have no calendar or contacts on the phone- but I handled to get them on utilizing CSV to google mail, after that syncing with that - not ideal, but as a minimum I could leave with my data intact! So- going to attempt the 2.1 fix and the PC Suite rise next day- and after that send it reverse for a 1.6 reversal if they don't work!