Thread: Use Bluetooth Devices to Automatically Change Profile

Use Bluetooth Devices to Automatically Change Profile

on the break of noon i updated my n8 and all the settings got reset to factory setting, i wanted to re configure a few settings over it.one of those changes was to set my blue tooth device as my default headset. like it was before. i used my blue tooth head set to connect to my phone and also created a profile for when using it the profile would change.to do that i paired the bh-503 with my n8 and made it sure that it was authorized to connect automatically when ever the phone bluetooth is able to find it. then i created a profile and customized it for doing that you must go to settings then to profiles after that choose options and select create a new profile and customize it as per your requirements. after that go to settings then phone then choose accessories there you will see a active profile you will need to change it to the profile that you created. when you are done with all the settings turn your blue tooth off and then turn it on again to test if it works. and there you are just like me you have also customized your settings for suiting your needs.

Re: Use Bluetooth Devices to Automatically Change Profile

hey i also know a cool trick that i would like to share, i own the n8 there are many actually but i will start with which i think is the most important one. i am talking about the backup of your symbian device the filemanger that symbian is using now has not changed that much since symbian ^1 so i guess it will work for other users also. for beginning let me let you know what all kind of data can you back up you can choose to backup everything all together or just the settings, messages,contacts, calender,bookmarks, personal file. there are also options in your phone for weather you want to do it never,daily or weekly. if you just want to try it out so go for never and make it a one time thing. i have kept it on weekly and defined the day and time of the update these details must be set as per your usage habits as in when will you not be using the phone. i have mine set to sunday at 3:00 am after doing that all you have to do is sit back and relax. the phone will backup automatically. and the really great thing about this is that the feature comes inbuilt on your phone out of the box.

here is another one for you, when you want to restore all the settings and data on the phone after just doing formatting of the device, or a reflash. when you want to restore settings it will have no adverse effects on your operating system or applications because you are simply restoring the same structures of data as you had on your device earlier. but When updating to a latest firmware, one should not do a full restore because preferences - settings - are usually those areas that see the updates. There are optimizations in either the settings or the execution of their routines, and therefore restoring these over-top a newer firmware is almost sure to cause more problems than it solves.

on all nokia device and most of the later Samsung Symbian devices, there is an application called Settings Wizard. For most carriers, this application will be able to read the data connectivity information from your SIM card's connection to the carrier, and then configure these settings on your device. Those carriers which are not covered by this app (there are less than a handful probably), you can get those settings from your carrier, and then manually input them into the Settings > Connectivity area of the device.

Within Symbian devices, there's an easy way to connect to Wi-Fi networks. You simply need to enable Wi-Fi scanning. Depending on your device, there are one or two parts to this. For those with Symbian S60 3.2 and earlier devices. You will want to enable the Wi-Fi scanning in on the homescreen Active Screen. This will continually search for Wi-Fi access points around
    your device whether you've previously connected to them or not.Then, you will want to go to Settings (or Tools > Settings) > Connectivity > Wi-Fi and set the Wi-Fi scanning to "On" and then set the scanning interval. Setting this to 10min is as infrequent as you can have it, and for most devices, this does not put a significant drain on the battery.For those with Symbian^1 (S60v5) and later devices.You will want to either go directly to Settings > Connectivity, or click the battery-indicator side of the status bar at the top-right of your screen. If you are already connected to a data network, you will see a solid double arrow. Click on the double arrow and this will take you to Connectivity. Wi-Fi and set the Wi-Fi scanning to "On" and then set the scanning interval. Setting this to 10min is as infrequent as you can have it, and for most devices, this does not put a significant drain on the battery.After this point, you don't need to do a thing. Your mobile will swap between Wi-Fi and cellular networks seamlessly - with a Wi-Fi icon showing in the status area when you are connected to a Wi-Fi access point.

here is way to make some extra use of the nokia notes. It need 2 extra finger presses, but is well worth the hassle.all It takes advantage of the already integrated search feature on the Active Standby screen which I myself have just recently started to use when I was trying to find a way to simplify and booted Handy Shell. when I choose the search area, it presents me with a array of options I can search on the phone or the internet. I tap the oher and then got to the notes and up comes the list of all my notes with no dates and in alphabetical order based on the first word in the note . I can then either select a note or immediately drill down further using a search text box at the bottom of the screen that will search all the notes. It's brilliant, if only they had actually designed the notes user interface this way, but it works well enough like this.