Thread: Toshiba Portege R600-S4201 laptop showing distorted video

Toshiba Portege R600-S4201 laptop showing distorted video

Recently, I got a Toshiba Portege R600-S4201 laptop and have Windows 7 OS. It was working perfectly well for first few weeks. But suddenly it started showing up with this particular problem. The Screen started showing distorted videos, which is very annoying at times. The distortion is not always, but occurs sometimes. Does anyone have any idea related to this issue? What must be causing this to happen? How can I get my problem solved as quickly as possible? Please help me by giving me your suggestions.

Re: Toshiba Portege R600-S4201 laptop showing distorted video

There must be some problem with your installed drivers. I would suggest you to reinstall all the drivers which are necessary in your laptop. Use the Toshiba utilities and drivers CD which you got when you purchased your laptop to install the drivers again in your laptop. Once you have installed all the drivers for the related drivers CD of your laptop, try to update them. So that if any new updates are available then it will be installed in your laptop. After reinstalling the latest available drivers for your laptop, especially the drivers related to multimedia and video, Reboot your system and after restarting check if the problem is solved or not.

The problem can be caused because of many reasons. Either it can be some kind of malicious germ or virus attack in your laptop or can be incompatibility issue with some of your two programs or application with each other. So I would suggest you to first perform complete scan of your system with the help of an updated antivirus. And if you detect anything suspicious then get rid of it by deleting if permanently from system or throwing those corrupt files to the quarantine. Then check out for any application which might be causing this. Notice after starting which application, or program does this problem actually starts. When found, remove those applications from your system.

You can try downloading the latest available drivers for your Toshiba Portege R600-S4201 laptop from the online website of Toshiba Support. The Toshiba Support Europe has almost all the necessary drivers for all the laptop models launched by Toshiba. You should probably download and install all the Display drivers and utilities from this link Toshiba Support
    To download the drivers for your specific laptop, you have to select the categories, family, model of the laptop. After that select the Operating System and the drivers which you wish to install for your laptop.

According to me, as the problem is occurring sometimes only, then there must be some hardware problem with your laptop. Some wires must have got loose and that is why that distortion is happening in your laptops screen. The only solution for this problem is getting your laptop repaired. You can repair your laptop from any local computer store or you can submit your laptop to the Toshiba Service center and get your laptop fixed by them. Search for the nearest Toshiba Service Center from the following link:
    Toshiba Service Center
    Once you are satisfied with specific center, call them up and get an appointment to get your laptop repaired.

Hey Guys, your suggestions were very helpful to me. Thanks for giving me those useful links. Just by using them I was able to find out the nearest Toshiba Customer Care Center close to my area. Just came submitting my laptop to the technical staff of Toshiba. They have assured me that my problem will be solved within a day. And as my laptop is still within the warranty period, all my repair charges will be NIL. That means everything just free of cost. Thank you a lot for your help.