Thread: HP Slate BIOS navigation without using Keyboard

HP Slate BIOS navigation without using Keyboard

hello friends, I am having a Hp slate Tablet . I can get into the BIOS by pressing one of the button on the Slate while it is booting. When I am in the BIOS menu I am not able to cycle through the BIOS pages. I am able to change values or move up and down, but i cannot go to the next page. can anyone please tell me how to cycle through the pages. Is it possible without the keyboard. Can any one provide me with the button functio9ns so that i can access all the BIOS functions.

Re: HP Slate BIOS navigation without using Keyboard

I am also having the HP slate tablet PC but I can go into the BIOS by tapping the key, when the HP slate boots, but I can only access the first page of the BIOS menu. But when I connect an external keyboard to it I can get into the other tabs or other pages of the BIOS. So when you are in BIOS menu you can only change values of the front page but cannot go to the next page, without the help o9f external keyboard.

You can get the review and guides preinstalled on the HP slate. You can start this program by browsing through Start > All programs. Then select HP and then choose HP documentation. This will open the Adobe file from where you can get the informations and shortcuts of all the buttons function when you are in BIOS. In the guide you can also get to know about BIOS setup and button functionality. You can also get an idea on how to use keyboard when your HP slate is in BIOS menu

During the boot process, here are the buttons or key functionality that you can use. Each key or buttons has got unique and specific functions. Volume down (-) button = Keyboard F10, Home button = Keyboard ENTER. and at the time of BIOS configuration process the following key6 has the following functions.

Volume down (-) button = Keyboard DOWN ARROW
    Volume up (+) = Keyboard UP ARROW
    Home button = Keyboard ENTER
    Ctl-Alt-Del button (Security) button = Keyboard ESC