Thread: Webcam stopped working after upgrading BIOS in Toshiba Satellite A665-3dv laptop

Webcam stopped working after upgrading BIOS in Toshiba Satellite A665-3dv laptop

Hi, I am having Toshiba Satellite A665-3dv laptop with Windows 7 OS installed in it. It was working perfectly fine till yesterday night, before I installed few updates. Those were the updates of BIOS, and my BIOS got updated from older v1.80 to new bios v1.90. After this update happened, the webcam of my laptop have stopped working completely. It is not at all responding. What should I do now? Does anyone know how I can get back my older version of bios? Anyone having any solution for my this problem, please help me.

re: Webcam stopped working after upgrading BIOS in Toshiba Satellite A665-3dv laptop

You can use the drivers CD which you have received along with your laptop at the time of purchase to get back your older version of bios. Just insert that drivers CD (Toshiba Utilities and Drivers CD) and start the wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the older version of bios 1.80 in your system. Mostly while you are installing the older version of BIOS in your laptop, the system will prompt to uninstall the current version of BIOS in your system. Just accept the decision of removing the current BIOS and install the older version of 1.80 in your system. Once you have completed with the installation, Restart your laptop to see the changes.

re: Webcam stopped working after upgrading BIOS in Toshiba Satellite A665-3dv laptop

It is possible to clear and delete all the settings that you have stored in your system and reinstall the factory settings and drivers of your laptop. You can do so by doing Hard Reset of your laptop, to solve the issue. Do the following:
    • Close and remove the AC adapter of your laptop. Turn to the back side of laptop and open the back flip case and remove the battery as well.
    • Also remove the external HDD, USB keyboard, USB mouse if any. You should all remove other USB connections like the Scanners, printers, Memory stick or the Pen drive. Get rid of even the Internet connection lines, like the Wi-Fi or the LAN connection.
    • Hold the power button of the Toshiba laptop for few seconds to drain all the battery charge which must be stored in the capacitors of your laptop.
    • Again insert the battery and the AC adapter to the laptop and connect to the power. Reboot your laptop but do not attach other devices to the laptop.

According to me the only solution which would work perfectly for you is to perform System Restore and get back the older version of your BIOS again. You can
    1. Start Menu > All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System restore.
    2. If you had never performed System Restore in past then Click on Next button. Go to step 4
    3. If You Have performed System Restore in past then select the “Choose a different restore point” radio button and then click on the Next button.
    4. Choose the restore point to which you want to roll back your Windows 7 to, from the given list
    5. Finally click on Finish button and if asked for confirmation then click on Yes button.
    6. Windows 7 will do the rest of the work and restart your computer. Once the computer have restarted, click on Close button.

I assume that you must have installed some wrong update and would suggest you to download the latest drivers for your laptop from the official website of Toshiba Support and install them in your laptop. Install the updated drivers and utilities for your laptops BIOS and webcam also and check if the problem is solved or not. You can download the drivers from the following link Toshiba Support
    Once the site opens up, go to download link and fill the options. Select categories, family, model, Operating system and the drivers. Download them in your system and install them. Restart your laptop and then check if the problem still exists or not.

Re: Webcam stopped working after upgrading BIOS in Toshiba Satellite A665-3dv laptop

It seems like the problem was actually with the drivers only. After installing the drivers from the above website, the link that you send me, my problem of not working webcam got solved completely. Now everything is working perfectly fine and smoothly. I even installed few Utilities along with the driver. I don’t know which one actually worked for my laptop, but I know it was you guys suggestions that finally solved my issues. So once again, thank you a lot, for everything that you people have done for me.