Thread: Sony 810 AV Receiver: Please help me connect MP3 player

Sony 810 AV Receiver: Please help me connect MP3 player

Hello guys, i am having a Sony STR-DH810 Receiver. I have set it up to just connect my MP3 player to the receiver with the help of standard 3.5mm audio jack. I know that if I want to connect an ipod to it then I have to get a digital Media port, which would cost me around £40. I don’t want to spend any thing from my pocket, so i am looking for some cheaper alternative. Even in the user manual it is written about digital media port. Does anyone knows how to do it.

Re: Sony 810 AV Receiver: Please help me connect MP3 player

I am also having the same Sony STR-DH810 Receiver that you have get. I have set it up to play audio tracks from my MP3 player as well as ipod. I dint had any problem regarding connection because I am using Digital Media port as referred by the user guide. But i can recommend you to get the phono cables. Plug the cable into the input port and the other end of 3.5 mm jack into your MP3 player. I suggest you to get this type of cable and see how it works.

Sony STR-DH810 Receiver has got three HDMI inputs, but no audio connections. You will find that it has got three numbers of audio inputs. Two of them are optical and one is coaxial. And also you will not find an analog multichannel inputs. But You can use HDMI inputs for audio. You can connect your Mp3 player to this port but you have to select the appropriate cable that would be compatible to make such connections. I hope you can understand what i am trying to explain.

If you want to connect Sony STR-DG810 with your Mp3 player or iPod it can be done with Sony's Digital Media Port. Sony STR-DG810 is loaded with Digital Media port to which you can connect sony accessories like Bluetooth adapter, Wifi music streamer, a dock to connect MP3 player and a dock to connect iPod. It is not necessary that the accessory device that you connect should be the brand of Sony. You can even connect devices of other brand as well. So you have to spend £40 extra to connect your Mp3 to the receiver.?