Thread: Toshiba portege r200 giving BSOD during Windows XP installation

Toshiba portege r200 giving BSOD during Windows XP installation

Well I have a certain problem during the installation of the windows xp in my Toshiba portege r200. Well the thing is that whenever I am going ahead with the installation of the windows xp in it then it gives me a BSOD in the screen now I need to know why is that sort of thing happening in my laptop only, well what can be the issue here can you give me some solutions so that I can get out of this problem. Please do send in some suggestions quickly I am waiting for your solutions.

Re: Toshiba portege r200 giving BSOD during Windows XP installation

Try disabling all the caching on the computer. So that’s what I want to say here. Now you will find the cpu cache and also the L2 cache in the computer’s cmos settings. I think that will be of good benefit for you. I hope you must be having enough information about the cmos. Now when you can successfully install Windows after disabling all caching then I would advice you to go ahead and install the windows, now after having done that if possible try enabling each and every cache one at a time, so that’s the perfect solution for you. Do try it and let me know if that works or not.

Sometimes the problem can be with the video adapter, if you have a video adapter in your system then I would advice you to install the windows and then put the video adapter in the system because many of the times it has been observed that the problem is with the video adapter and it comes in the middle of the installation of the windows xp. So that might be the case here, so do read the suggestions correctly and try implementing that it will solve the issue for you.

Have you checked the memory of the system, if you have not then I would advice you to check the main memory of the system and then continue with the installation of the windows xp many a times if the memory of the system is not good then it will interfere in the installation. Also one more thing that I would like to notify you is that do have a check in the RAM of your system, now the RAM consists of multiple SIMM modules try swapping the SIMM modules so that you will get to know which one is having the faulty memory.

See if you think after trying out so many suggestions then also it is not giving you the desired result then my suggestion would be to show to the nearest service center and let the problem be solved there. I think that’s a great solution from my side and I am sure it will be enough for you. If the problem persists more then it will be better to get the laptop replaced as early as possible. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here.

Ok, thanks for all the suggestions and the recommendations that you have given to me let me tell you all that the suggestions were quite enough for me, I did have a look at all the suggestions and tried them and luckily I I identified my problem and the main problem was that there was some problem with the memory itself and I think that’s the culprit for my problem. Thanks for suggesting me in and luckily I did get all the solutions correct for me.