Thread: Windows 7 drivers for Sony VAIO VGN FS315B.

Windows 7 drivers for Sony VAIO VGN FS315B.

Hello guys I am having Sony VAIO VGN FS315B on which Windows Vista was installed previously and now I have upgraded it to the Windows 7. Well the problem is I didn’t find the drivers for the wireless card in the system. I have also tried to find it in the device manager but nothing appeared in the device manager. I have connected it to the router via the Ethernet but that didn’t gave me any result. Please help me out guys,

Re: Windows 7 drivers for Sony VAIO VGN FS315B.

Thanks a lot mate for posting this query I was having the same problem with my Sony VAIO FS3158. But somehow I fixed the wireless driver even I don’t know did I fixed it but luckily it worked for me. But it’s quite slow. Whenever I try to open any web page it takes much longer time as compared to the it used to take on the Vista. And after upgrading to the Vista Function buttons also doesn’t work on my system, because of that I no able to turn down the brightness. Please help,

Well can you tell us which wireless driver you guys have installed on your system? Because Sony do not Windows 7 and its driver on your system. But fortunately the Vista drivers and utilities will work with the Windows 7 so you guys can try to install the following drivers and the utilities Sony Utils DLL, Sony shared Library, Setting Utility series and VAIO event center. I think these things will solve the function keys issue on your Sony laptop.

Well sometime these drivers and utilities don’t work due to the compatibility issue for that you can go to the Intel website and look for latest drivers of Windows 7 for the Intel GML900 graphics and the wireless LAN. You can also try the Windows feature DCWW.exe, First click on “Start” and then in “Search” box type “DCCW” and run the “screen calibration tool” this will allow you the adjustment of brightness, color, contrast and gamma. Hope one of these think will work for you guys.

Hey guys first of all I want to thank all of you to reverting so quickly on my thread, I thought I have messed up something but after reading the above post at least I got to know that there is no issue due to the installation I have done I have set the color and brightness in the “screen calibration tool” and found the appropriate drivers and utilities on the intel website. Thank you for helping me out guys, you guys are really awesome.