Thread: Unable to take scan on HP photosmart all in one C2580.

Unable to take scan on HP photosmart all in one C2580.

Hello guys I am having some issues with the HP printer I am having HP photosmart all in one (no FAX) C2580, I have connected it with my Mac book pro which is running Mac OS X version 10.6.4. And the problem is I am not able to scan on the printer so after that I have gone to the HP website where I have downloaded installers and drivers etc. but nothing worked out for me. And I got this error message “the "task" found on your device is not available on your system. Please select another task". I have upgraded my system from “Snow Leopard.” Please help.

Re: Unable to take scan on HP photosmart all in one C2580.

Well I think this is happening with you because you have recently upgraded from Snow Leopard to the version 10.6.4. and you might have installed the same software again which is compatible with Snow Leopard but not with the 10.6.4 version. So uninstall the software using the “scrubber” option. Go to the “Application” and then “Hewlett Packard” and then click on the “HP uninstaller”. And click on “Continue”. And now highlight the device on left pane. Hold the “Ctrl”, “Opt” and cmd keys and click on uninstall. And Continue and then “Finish”. Restart your system and install “Full featured” driver and software from the “Support and drivers” from HP site.

Hey dude thanks a lot for reverting back so quickly, I didn’t expected such a quick reply. I followed the instruction you have given in your post, first I uninstalled the HP printer drivers and other related application and then I begin the fresh installation of the HP Drivers from the HP website. But this time also it didn’t worked for me. And my system is not able to recognize the HP C5280 as a scanner. Please help me pout guys,

Well no problem dude still there is a solution, and I am pretty much sure this will definitely work for you mate, just follow the instructions,
    1> First, change the USB cable but you should not go through a USB hub that means don’t use USB hub.
    2> Right click on the rectangle listing your printers and there select “Reset Printing system”. This will delete all the printers.
    3> And select the Plus sign to add it again. Look for your print and select it and then wait for “Add” button till it becomes available.

Hey mate thanks a lot again for reverting back so quickly, previously I was using the USB hub but I disconnected from the Mac system and then followed the instructions you have given in the last post, and yes this time it worked for me perfectly. I have posted this site on other sites as well but nobody have provided me the proper solution so I just tried the solution provided here, and finally it worked now I am able to scan the copies thanks a lot for helping me out.