Thread: What is the response time of SONY BRAVIA?

What is the response time of SONY BRAVIA?

Hello guys I am planning to buy a LCD TV with very good response time, because I have Xbox and PS3 and some other gaming console so basically I need LCD TV which takes very less response time and doesn’t lag with games, because I have searched on the net and found that some Sony LCD TV’s lags with the games. I am thinking to purchase a SONY LCD KDL 40S5600, so guys can you tell me what is the response time of this set?

Re: What is the response time of SONY BRAVIA?

Well dude many game freaks have this misconception that the games lag due to the response time of the TV but actually there is no lag due to the response time of a TV. So buddy there can be some other problem with the TV set or gaming console due to which the games lag but games never lag due to the response time of the TV. It can be slow or fast but it won’t have any effect on the games performance. Hope this information is quite enough for you.

Well right, games never lags due to the response time factor of a TV, Games basically lags due to the two factors. One of them is “Scaling and Deinterlacing” explanation of that is as follows, The HDTV experience a processing delay while converting a signal for example 480i signal from PS2 to 1080p HDTV. And the other factor is “Postprocessing” that means a TV try to improve the visual graphics of the game due to which TV lags.

Well even I agree there TV doesn’t lag with the gaming console due to its response time. But still your question is, what is the response time of SONY LCD KDL 40S5600? And it is 8ms., this is same for most of the Sony Bravia models. And the fact is that as HDTV coupled with a HDTV source has 0 lag. So dude don’t think about the gaming lagging on TV, if it will happen then it would due to some internal error either from TV or the gaming console.

Hey I didn’t know about that thing that TV response time is nothing to do with the lag. Thanks for letting me know that. Well now I am pretty much sure to buy the SONY LCD KDL 40S5600. But first I have to check the other factors should be compatible with my gaming consoles like you guys have mentioned that the “Scaling and Deinterlacing” and “Postprocessing”. Thank you guys for letting me know all this factors involved in the lag.