Thread: How to remove HDD and set drivers for Sony Vaio VGC-V3S/V3M?

How to remove HDD and set drivers for Sony Vaio VGC-V3S/V3M?

I am having an issue with my Sony Vaio VGC-V3S/V3M machine on which I am having Windows 7 home version. The problem of OS blue screening. Well now I am thinking to ghost the hard drive or I will remove it and connect it with HDD caddy to take the back up of data. So guys can you tell me where is HDD located on the back of the system? What drivers I will need to back up the data from the Windows 7? Please help me out,

Re: How to remove HDD and set drivers for Sony Vaio VGC-V3S/V3M?

Well dude I think you are getting the blue screen on your system because there may be some drivers which are not compatible with your system, I had same problem with the drivers so uninstalled the drivers and installed the proper driver and that worked for me. Can you tell us what is there on the Blue screen you are getting ? And I am quite sure that there is some problem with the graphics driver because of which you are getting a blue screen.

Well you can remove the Hard drive from your V3S by following these steps
    1> First remove the rear sliding cover.
    2> And remove all the 10 screws from the rear housing otherwise you will cause some damage.
    3> On the left of housing you will see a screw which is more deeper than the others it holds the DVD use some long object and move it to left it will push the DVD drive out of housing without damaging it.
    4> Now move the fingernails around the top of the front of the machine you will find some gaps and that is used to remove the main over without damaging it, use some plastic opening tool. And twiddle it time to time. And the frame will pop out slowly.
    5> Now come in the rear side of housing and you will be able to slide the black rear housing off.
    6> Now remove the plastic enclosure in bottom it will be screwed from two sides. Aftre removing that you will se housing for hard drive. And you will need to remove the piece of tacky cloth and disconnect all the leads of drive.

The above given solution is perfect to remove the HDD from your Sony Vaio VGC-V3S/V3M machine, I had did it in the same way and be more gentle while using the screw driver and plastic opening tool otherwise you will damage your machine. And regarding drivers I think there are no drivers for the Windows 7 OS. But there are some drivers of Windows Vista which works for the Windows 7 as well. But you have to find the suitable Windows 7 Graphics driver.

Dude above user is right there is no drivers for the Windows 7 but I can suggest you some application and utility which might work with the Windows 7. Here’s the list you can try them InterVideo WinDVD - 5.11.1120, InterVideo WinDVDX - 5.0.11.965, SonicStage - 4.3.01.14050a, SonicStage Mastering Studio Audio Filter, SonicStage Security Update - 1.0.00.11020, SonicStage Security Update, Sony Video Shared Library. You can search on Google for other compatible drivers on for your system.

Guys, thanks a lot for helping me out, I have searched a lot on Google but didn’t find the proper way to remove the hard drive from my V3S. This is the only site where I have got the right procedure I followed that I was able to remove the hard drive easily without damaging my machine this is the first time I did it on my own. Thank you all of you guys for trying to help me out, and I have also found out the drivers on the VAIO site. Thank you,