Thread: Many functions are missing in Sony VAIO control center.

Many functions are missing in Sony VAIO control center.

Hello guys I have bought Sony vaio laptop few days back, I didn’t had any trouble while using it, But when I checked the Sony vaio control center there was no information available except the system information. I have tried many times by restart the system but nothing worked then uninstalled it and again installed it but nothing worked for me. It shows an update but when I try to update it fails to update every time, please help.

Re: Many functions are missing in Sony VAIO control center.

Well dude I can help you out on that but first you have to provide me bit more information about your laptop and the system you are using in your laptop. Is it on Sony vaio F series VPCF11? And have you deleted any Sony software from your system, because I faced such type of problem when I had deleted some of the Sony application from my laptop. And are you using the Original Operating system which came with the laptop pre-installed?

Hey dude thanks a lot for posting this query I was looking for the same answer, I don’t know why every time updates fails on my system. And there are many functions are missing on the Sony control center. Ihave Windows 7 home premium on my Sony vaio VPCF11JOE, I have uninstalled some of Sony application which I wasn’t using. Please help me out do I need to install all the application which I had uninstalled, please share your suggestions.

First of thanks guys for reverting so quickly, I have also removed some of the Sony application which I wasn’t using and I have the same Laptop i.e. Sony vaio VPCF11JOE and Windows 7 Home premium Service pack1.i have uninstalled and installed VAIO care again on my laptop for update but nothing worked for me. It updated once but didn’t show me any other functions. The programs which are still installed on my system are as follows from the VAIO- vaio control centre, vaio event service, vaio original function settings, vaio update, vaio windows organizer, vaio content monitoring settings, vaio power management, vaio care 6.4.0.15030, vaio smart network.

Well dude I am not quite sure about the utility programs and drivers which are used by the Vaio control center. I have searched a bit on Google about this and then I have found out Sony Shared Library can be one of them. And I have also find out that there is some problem with the latest update on the VAIO care so mostly users are ignoring that update and waiting for the nest updated version that would be something like 6.4.1.xx, so I think you should wait for next update.

Thanks mate for reverting so quickly again. I have used the “Download” section to access the Sony shared library anad that downloaded a zip file, and when I clicked on “extract all files” it extracted setup.exe file, I am also able to access only that file with the VAIO care. Now even I think there is something wrong with the updates so we have to wait for the nest update, hope that will be fine. Thank you guys for helping me out,