Thread: Unable to Restore Factory settings on Toshiba NB205

Unable to Restore Factory settings on Toshiba NB205

Hello everyone, I have currently worked on the Toshiba NB205 netbook. The feature present in this netbook is so brilliant. This netbook contains the Intel GMA950 graphics card, Atheros Wireless LAN as well as it also supports the 10/100 Ethernet LAN card. Now this notebook creates some issues that is the wireless network and play sound is not work correctly. I had try to restore factory setting which is presents in the control panel of the windows 7 OS. Please help me to solve this kind of issues.

Re: Unable to Restore Factory settings on Toshiba NB205

Hello, I think the way you try to restore the factory setting is not work and hence you need the complete process of doing the same thing. See you need go to the start and then click on the all programs. Then it shows the accessories option hit on that option and then click system tools and system restore option. It shows the dialog box. Then use the number of option which is presents on that box and restore factory setting. It helps you to restore the factory setting.

If you had done this solutions and still you not got the correct solutions then you need to read the user guide manual of the Toshiba NB205 netbook. The Hard Drive Recovery section of the manual will be describes the step by step process of how to restore the factory setting. It also describes that what are the main reason to error message occurred during the restore setting operations and the solutions presents over this operations.

Hey dude, you need to take the precaution at the time of doing the system restore setting process. You need to connect your computer to an external power source via the AC Adaptor at the time of hard disk recovery process. Then you should try to recover the setting of the notebook. It helps you to avoid such kind of issues. After recovering the setting you need to create recovery DVD of the system. it will help you in the future to recover the system setting and recover the number of data presents in the hard disk.

I also faced the similar kind of issue. In that time I read the manual and then done the following process. First power on the computer and immediately press and hold the 0 key. Then it shows the warning screen. The yes button presents on that screen and I hit on that button. Then the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens and then I Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and then click next. After that I Select recover to out-of-box state option and click next. Finally click next button to start recovery. Finally I had successful to recover the setting of the Toshiba notebook.

Hey dude, I also faced the same kind of issue but I had never use this Toshiba Recovery Wizard to recover the system setting as well as data of the notebook. I had previously creates system recovery disk and this help me a lot to recover the setting of the system. I insert this disk onto the disk drive and then I press F12 key and the boot menu appears. Then using the Toshiba Recovery wizard window I had recover mine system setting and the data presents into the hard disk are also recovered.

I think you had got the number of solutions and this will help you to recover the data present in the hard disk. Still if you have not able to recover the data presents in the hard disk then you need to contact the Toshiba customer support office. The technician presents on that office will help you to solve this kind of issue. Sometimes there is possibility that the recovery options of the system is not works and in that case we need to use the different other kinds of solutions to avoid such trouble.

I tried to perform the factory default setting. I pressed 0 after reboot but it only gets me to the black screen and at the bottom it says HDD Recovery mode but I never get the Warning with the options to proceed. Help please!!