Thread: DDR2 RAM support for Compaq Presario V4118AP laptop

DDR2 RAM support for Compaq Presario V4118AP laptop

Now recently I have a purchased a Compaq Presario V4118AP laptop b. it is very attractive and very charming laptop. It is available different color in the market. Last week I had purchase it. But in it DDR3 RAM enabled it. So I want to upgrade the RAM but I don’t know my laptop will support the DDR2 RAM or not. But it supported memory type is DDR-333 SDRAM, DDR2-400 SDRAM, DDR2-533 SDRAM. Please help me about my problem it. But presently DDR-333 SDRAM, DDR2-400 SDRAM, DDR2-533 SDRAM is built in my laptop. I want to know how to upgrade the Ram.

Re: DDR2 RAM support for Compaq Presario V4118AP laptop

I would like to suggest you according your problem you use CPU-z in place of Lavalys.We would definitely want to avoid your purchasing memory that will not even fit in the SO-Dimm slots. Whenever memory you buy, be assured that it is from a major memory maker and it provides guarantee or not. Kingston Memory is one of the giant memory makers and they have a memory module p/n KTH-ZD7000/1G (1 GB 333Mhz module) that provides guarantee means guaranteed compatible for you’re your laptop. That way you won't get any shock. I think it will work appropriately when it is loaded and your laptop is booted under Windows. There is an additional identifying alphanumeric for your laptop. Please post the p/n.

Dear you can upgrade your RAM but your laptop should be DDR2 compatible. In market DDR2 RAM you can easily purchase it. Because is latest version of Ram. It also faster then other version. But one thing keep in your mind at time of RAM in insertion in your Laptop which pin slots. If you insert in wrong slot may be it burn. If you want to more detail about the DDR2 then search on Google and from there you can more information. I want to only say that you can upgrade DDR2 RAM but I am already told you your laptop should be DDR2 Compatible because I don’t know more about your Laptop model

If this is your boards following then you want to set stick in the blur and one more stick in the identical color. As it support both DDR2 and SDRAM. SO you would want to look in the hand book to discover out which slot actually take which RAM.
    Dual conduit DDR/DDRII memory technology
    -
    • 2 x DDRII DIMM slots
    • - Supports DDRII667/533
    • - Maximum Capacity: 2GB
    • - 2 x DDR DIMM slots
    • - Supports DDR400/333/266
    • - Maximum Capacity: 2GB

DDRII and DDR are supported individually

I would like to suggest you go to some related site and verify your information on your laptop, and how much and what type of memory your system will have. I did a fast navigation and my search leads me to say no. Some special site also has a database memory, and their report said while the Compaq Presario V4118AP laptop series 2 GB (2x1GB) DDR2-533 or 667. I think you may be capable to find the DDR2-800 working, but I know that it would be in either 533 or 667. And you can not go on top of the maximum, or it has not read any more than the maximum, or the system will not be boot at all. You can find more precise if you see at the model number for your laptop. Must be it is mention in the bottom of the laptop with a white sticker. You can find the model number. With the help of this modal no. you can see the RAM slots which type of RAM it support.