Thread: Compaq cq61 is getting hang on Compaq logo

Compaq cq61 is getting hang on Compaq logo

Dear I am using the old laptop. So recently I have bought Compaq CQ61 once again. It’s LCD has broken that’s why I have already bought new LCD. Therefore my friend came to me and trying to help me but he tried to change the screen. Problem is that here many HP parts thrown around. He is confused because the CQ61's video cable dv9000 look like what the video cable fit devil and bad screen inverter .Problem is that now the laptop is locked and frozen on the screen with the logo, but it seems the damage is done. If any help would be appreciated then please tell me.

re: Compaq cq61 is getting hang on Compaq logo

Hey I had faced the exact same problem but I solved this problem. When I pressed Esc key and then let it do all of the BIOS object I have a screen that allowed me to choose a boot device, therefore I chose Hard Drive from there it all booted very well Therefore I outlined there was a problem with system boot order I checked into the BIOS options when it started then I pressed F2 key and went to the last tab and I chose Load Defaults. And then after I saved the BIOS, and then went to exit key after this I restarted the laptop. Then I saw that my problem had solved. I Hope that it will help you!

I have the same problem also and have been trying to fix it for 3 hours. But now I have to turn the laptop on its backside is a screw on the CD which has a CD logo close to the screw and then takes it out, and then insert the CD drive without opening the PC up and then after it requires the turn the PC on and this worked for me. I do not know if there's a bug in the CD drive of your laptop or the BIOS has to be changed, but it worked and I'm sure you can check the bios now.

I have seen several times with the similar problem which is caused by the USB device as a USB hard drive connected to your computer while turning. And the display goes on startup as the XP logo on the USB hard disk scan finished. Try to restart the laptop by removing the battery and disconnect the power cable, then push the power button for 15 seconds never let it go to the discharge and restart the laptop now. May be by this your problem would be remove. But I am not sure that’s why first to check it and then tell me what happened.

This is a great. I've been thinking and fiddling for ages and now I have all these little tips. I've MacGyver AV adapter to the motherboard so you do not want to give up the inheritance of my laptop. We have been through a lot. I think that may be it is affected with the motherboard. Please you have to go service center for checking you motherboard. And then tell me what’s problem in your motherboard? I‘ll tell you the solution according this. But before going the service center please follow the steps what I told you.

Thank you so much sir for describing the related problem. I’ll go to on your guidance which is told me. I’ll do self now again. If it’s not able to fix it then what will I do? Please tell me some special site where is described very well and also some tutorial is available about related problem. Sir one more thing is if it’s unable to fix it then I will have to purchase to new LCD. But I heard LCD doesn’t repair. It is true or not. Please I humble request that remove my doubt as soon as possible.