Thread: Satellite A665 does not wake after sleep

Satellite A665 does not wake after sleep

I have the A665 laptop which is having the Windows 7 installed in that with 4GB Ram will set off to sleep otherwise hibernate subsequent to long non-use period. I in fact encompass both modes put to "never" while plugged in but it turns off anyhow. When I attempt to wake via moving mouse and hitting a key it refuses to wake up. Light for the Power button is on but no extra lights gating on. Just answer to wake it that I have been winning at is to power down with the power button with re-starting. I have to have one more setting which I am not aware of. I have seen many of such post but not seen anywhere that the problem is resolved. I wish it should not be the same in my case. Do you have any idea about that?

Re: Satellite A665 does not wake after sleep

You should check that if you have some screen server set in your laptop. This can also cause the issues like this. I know that there are very less chance for this but still there is possibility for that. So if that is the case then just disable the screen server from it and then see if it resolves the problem. I wish that it could help you to resolve the problem. Make sure that it is put to none.

As you have talked about the waking up then you should ensure that the keyboard wake up is enabled. If you want to do that then you can go to Start/Toshiba/Utilities/HW Setup/Keyboard/Check box and there you will get the checkbox that will have the text to enable the keyboard wake up. Mark that box and save the changes. I don’t think that you will get any issue after this.

In fact I am not sure it is sleeping otherwise hibernating. It looks like that to me. I have attempted to be conscious of what it is liability. I can listen to the fan running. Lights lying on buttons to right of on/off button are off, the light lying on the on/off button remains on. The "on" indicator on top of front edge is on. There is no reply to "wake" computer through moving mouse (that is what I am use to) otherwise hitting a key. I in fact inserted one picture CD previous time and I hear the CD drive run therefore it looks like computer was responding and I just cannot observe something.