Thread: Turn on the Satellite A665 without Power Button (Lid Closed)

Turn on the Satellite A665 without Power Button (Lid Closed)

Friends, the WOL desighned for powering on myToshiba laptop A665 won’t functions if AC is not plugged in ceaselessly. Perhaps Toshiba will adjust this supply a short power outage put out of action WOL. I am having a Toshiba through lid closed within a project which puts it within a fixture and drives a reboot. In the clash the lid have to be closed to fit and I require a method to power it on subsequent to AC power has been switched off of the system. Is there a method to switch on Toshiba laptop by means of the lid closed within the situation where WOL doesn’t functions? Please help.

Re: Turn on the Satellite A665 without Power Button (Lid Closed)

I would like to tell you that a few systems contain features inside the bios which will turn on the unit if they obtain a signal as of network, dial up modem port otherwise even within some cases as of the keyboard. You can verify that and if it has the keyboard alternative you might connect an exterior keyboard and obtain it started that way. Other than this a few keyboards contain a button intended for placing a system to sleep mode and taking them outside sleep mode that might be one more option meant for you to utilize.

You might even utilize the dial up phone modem port for starting the unit through hooking up a line toward it subsequent to setting alternative within the bios and after that create a call to that number in order that it turns on machine while if it were getting a fax. I guess that WOL is Wake on LAN. Last alternative would be to replace the power button as well as have it sticking exterior of case where you can obtain to it simply. Get an exterior battery which can be utilized on the laptop. I have observed battery packs at best to plug within the AC power socket, which would dupe the system to think that it is on AC.

I have tried the BIOS choice, the network, keyboard, etc are wake on LAN options and like I talked regarding these don’t functions after AC power is intermittent. This is funny as they do function on additional brands, just not Toshiba. I thought regarding a battery through an AC plug (have in fact finished one) and that does allow WOL (wake on LAN) to function in any case until the battery ends. I am thinking regarding externalizing power button but I am not certain how to attach it toward motherboard.

You can moreover shift the included power button with the intention that it hangs out the surface of case otherwise purchase a new-fangled button intended for it and after that unplug the integral button and connect where it was. That will build it simple for you to return the whole thing to the means it was while the laptop is no longer required. The simpler way would probably be just to shift the existing button.

Once it opens, should be pretty easy to understand that the plug is for the power button. If the power button and do not use regular wire ribbon cable can also easily access it and add another button that can be mounted anywhere. "I think the model used ribbon cable, but not positive on that." You will be able to say what their options are better after receiving the file open.