Thread: Ambient light sensor not functioning after recovery in Toshiba - A665-S5170

Ambient light sensor not functioning after recovery in Toshiba - A665-S5170

Hi all, Two weeks before I purchased the Toshiba - Satellite Laptop Model: A665-S5170. I attempted to resize C: partition with the help of the recovery choice. It functions well ending through C: partition (100 GB) as well as D: partition (480GB). Each of the drivers as well as applications have been restored well apart from the ambient light sensor. I tried some of the solution for this that I know but that was not working. Please help me.

Re: Ambient light sensor not functioning after recovery in Toshiba - A665-S5170

Have you tried to make use of the System recovery to see if that can resolve the problem? If you wish to try that then just go to the system tools and there you will get one of the options as System Restore choose that option and select the date when it was running fine. Click on the restore button to restore the computer to that point. After completing the process your computer will be restarted and you will your system back to the working condition.

My thought is that this matter is intentional. The actual software lying on Nexus One generated lots of complaints which screen brightness changed randomly, that extremely minor movement for unit would create the brightness modification frequently. In any case with this method, the screen is certain not to be unsuitably dim but you will still obtain most of power-saving advantage while you turn unit it on within low-light surroundings.

Auto brightness functions for me. Once it brings functioning then it functions but subsequent to a restart it stops functioning. Messing around by means of the sensor tests otherwise starting an app which uses the light sensor looks to resolve it. In the primary couple of minutes it functions strangely, it reports 0 SI lux but in total darkness (sensor covered) it informs ~16 SI lux but after that it recalibrates itself and functions completely.

If I talk about my case then for me, on Jellyfish, Auto brightness does labor within that it created the screen brighter within bright light. Where it looks to contain a difficulty and that is the smallest amount value it will dim the screen toward higher as compared what the screen is able to. It provides no value both beneath daylight otherwise within absolute darkness. Are they having the similar kernel? Will the kernel be the resource of trouble?

There a way to regulate brightness so that the display gets much darker? to me it is too bright even on the lowest setting. Next step would be a customized adaption of the brightness regulation via the sensor -possible? I hope that your problem will be solved thus issue.