Thread: how to get disappeared battery icon?

how to get disappeared battery icon?

I have a Samsung laptop, by mistakenly I just click somewhere in the task bar and because of that I am unable see the icons over there as I am using windows 7 , mainly unable to see the icon which represent the battery notification, when it was there it was fluctuates between only 3 different levels only , so firstly how to get the icon back on task bar and are there any software that give me the proper notification regarding the remaining battery in minutes rather than percentage because it basically make me confused. So please can any one give me the better suggestion?

Re: how to get disappeared battery icon?

You haven’t mentioned from how long you are suffering from this, you can do this setting manually too by just following the simple steps. Firstly right click on the systems tray (because it appears in the tray, the right bottom of your screen) to see the context menu. Then click on ‘property’ the last option in the menu. It will show you the Task bar and Start Menu Properties dialog box. In that various tabs will be there, among that select the notification area tab. There will be the option for power, so check the check box and then click on apply and then click on ok, you will get the icon back to the task bar.

As I am also using the windows 7 only and I don’t think it will show you the battery directly in minutes, you can search the battery utility from the provided user manual as well as you can search it on internet. Or perhaps you can try the another solution, click on the battery icon which is there in right bottom of your screen and change the option setting, I am not sure it will work it on your Samsungs but I have tried it in my Dell and it works.

You can get the essential tips and guidance for the first time laptop user, which is being provided to you by the company itself, and they must be appreciated. I have had this nightmare since I had windows vista, but it doesn’t happen as often in windows 7. You can try by another way, just refresh the windows explorer. You can do this by right clicking on the task bar and select the ‘task manager’, and then select the process tab in that you will see the file “explorer.exe”, again right click on that file and select end process. Don’t bother about as all the icons and task bar will disappear for a while but select the task manager and add new task and write it out “explorer.exe”. it will simply refresh the explorer and you’ll get the icon.

It might be possible that the drivers which is necessary for battery is being uninstall or may be some of the important files may be corrupted, you can simply reinstall the drivers, before that, Before uninstalling drivers, you must check the system tray preferences to make sure that the battery icon is set to show otherwise by default it will be OFF. From the CD which is being provided to you. This will surely works or you can simply install the configuration utility and determine whether you get the problem or not.

I am not sure about any outside (third party) software that will give you the battery notification in minutes, but you won’t get it in windows XP, but as you mentioned you already have windows 7, the issue will be different. Simple just detached the battery from your laptop and attach it again, this will work if the your problem would be minor, or you should consult any engineer.