Thread: Hard disk failure with Toshiba Satellite A665

Hard disk failure with Toshiba Satellite A665

I am using the Toshiba Satellite A665 from last 2 month and today I found the hard disc drive failure with it. Many of the times it fails to boot the system. I have to do multiple boots to start the system. Ultimately Windows accepted HDD failure through SMART and shows the warning message window on startup as below:

"SMART Failure predicted on Hard Disk".

Is there any fix for this or I need to replace the hard drive? Please help me.

Re: Hard disk failure with Toshiba Satellite A665

This difficulty may be because of the high voltage passing through the PSU. Now expect that it is not physical smash up since if the hard disk is physically smashed than you ought to completely restore the HDD through some new one. Now the primary thing you ought to perform here is that take out that hard disks as of the server and after that send it to some hardware engineer for checking I expect that he will absolutely crack your difficulty.

The reason of S.M.A.R.T. is to counsel a user otherwise the system administrator of awaiting drive failure whereas there is still time to obtain preventive stroke, for example copying the data toward a substitute device. Around 64% of failures can be captured through S.M.A.R.T. I believe you have got to go through backup and after that attempt to check disk through windows bootable disk via using chkdsk.

Toshiba is worthily for its enhanced producers, therefore for this you have to verify that driver meant for your model similar to meant for Windows 7 driver (32bit / 64bit) are accessible. I have seen times at random intended for some A665 models, and it seems that if Windows 7 drivers within both 32bit as well as 64bit version are incessantly accessible. Therefore just verify this and after this reply back that whether you got it resolved or not.

It seems that your system files are corrupted and therefore your system is not able to access the C: directory. Can you let us know that whether you be able to access additional partition otherwise not. But up till then I would recommend you to repair the system by means of the recovery CD that you have got in conjunction with the laptop. Insert that in the CD drive of your computer and then press the key ‘R’ when it asks for the type of installation.

I have gone through your problem and I think that this problem may occur if all disks are in the same unit. And if in this case the units are in the same rack, then it is good for you. I think the feelings that are going through the grill and make the hard drive to vibrate have caused the problem. If the disks were damaged by the sensations in the frequency of the reverberation, it is very understandable that the units disassembley has caused this to happen.